Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Need an exhaust shop in South Florida

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 07:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need an exhaust shop in South Florida

I'm ready to get LT'S on my truck so I'm looking around for quality exhaust shops that can do good exhaust work/header install. I had my true dual setup done at Mad Hatters in pompano but when I called them about installing my headers, they said " Ahh, well we have never done a 6.0 SS and they are really hard to work on etc". Well that basiclly closed that door so now I am stuck looking for a shop that can do a header install on a Silverado SS 6.0L with LT'S . If you guys know of anywhere, please let me know. Thanks

BTW, I live in Boca for relation to the shops.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

****. i was going to say Madhatters. sorry.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:36 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

HELL WE CAN!

Shoot us a call...ask for Dan. Hopefully we can get you in we are very busy!

Had hatter really just does exhausts, not header installs. We can throw the headers on and have it towed to Mad Hatter which is pretty close to our shop.

They do all of our work and are VERY good....

Check out my system:

I wouldn't recommened anyone else!

Shoot us a call like I said, we are in Boca off Glades and Boca Raton Avenue, just east of FAU and west of Dixie Hwy.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ERIK@MASPORT
HELL WE CAN!

Shoot us a call...ask for Dan. Hopefully we can get you in we are very busy!

Had hatter really just does exhausts, not header installs. We can throw the headers on and have it towed to Mad Hatter which is pretty close to our shop.

They do all of our work and are VERY good....

Check out my system:

I wouldn't recommened anyone else!

Shoot us a call like I said, we are in Boca off Glades and Boca Raton Avenue, just east of FAU and west of Dixie Hwy.

Ya, you guys were the first place I called and whoever I spoke with said you guys were backed up for 3 weeks. Also, he said that you guys havent done alot of 6.0 L LT installs so he could not give me an accurate estimate. I also plan on having some other stuff done by you guys and was hoping I could knock out 2 birds with 1 stone which would be great. My neighbor is a big masport supporter and I believe hes had work done on his 94 GT rustang by you guys.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:41 AM
TECH Junkie

They're backed up because they're good and because they take the jobs only to do them right for the customer... No car sits there. When your car's there, they're either working on YOUR car or waiting for you to pick up YOUR car... Very organized people, but yeah, they're not gonna take your car until they can work on it immediately... I wish all businesses were run this way.

Last edited by bboyferal; 06-04-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bboyferal
They're backed up because they're good and because they take the jobs only to do them right for the customer... No car sits there. When your car's there, they're either working on YOUR car or waiting for you to pick YOUR car... Very organized people, but yeah, they're not gonna take your car until they can work on it immediately... I wish all businesses were run this way.
I've heard nothing but good things about masport and I had called them about 6 months ago for some work. Very nice guys, and gave me some great info to help me out with what I was looking for. If there are constantly cars in there and they are backed up....thats a good thing, it obviously shows they are doing something right. I wasnt trying to say oh, there too busy etc, I was just saying that whoever I spoke with said they were backed up. I've seen alot of guys cars that were taken in but not even worked on till maybe a week after it arrives. I would prefer that much more than to have it sit there.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Junkie

What's going behind the headers?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

MASport is a kick *** joint. They were on my short list of places to have my work done (heads,cam,headers,etc). The only reason i didnt go to them was scheduling, i wasnt going to be heading down south for over a month. If you are in south florida, they are a great choice.

If the man who works there (ERIK) can fit you in there, or you can hold off for a lil until they can get you in, then it would be a good idea to have them do the work.

my $.02, take it for what its wurf.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bboyferal
What's going behind the headers?
I plan on keeping my true dual setup (flowmaster 44 true duals) dumped and cutting the cats, but I'm considering changing the dumps.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How much was that exhaust setup that you had done on your SS the y-pipe back is exactly how i want my setup do you have any more info in it.

Sorry for the thread hi jack i would think that headers on a truck would be pretty easy i know on f-bodies it can be a pain. Not sure what else your doing or the time you have though but im sure they can take care of you seem to be a great shop down there.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rabbit102
I plan on keeping my true dual setup (flowmaster 44 true duals) dumped and cutting the cats, but I'm considering changing the dumps.
LT's with no cats and the Flowmasters will sound wicked.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Damn Erik i didn't know you guys did exhaust? Now i know who to go to when i want to get my exhaust done out to the rear. Noticed you guys went over the axle, would you guys go under the axle?
-Joel
Old 06-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSJIMMY
How much was that exhaust setup that you had done on your SS the y-pipe back is exactly how i want my setup do you have any more info in it.

Sorry for the thread hi jack i would think that headers on a truck would be pretty easy i know on f-bodies it can be a pain. Not sure what else your doing or the time you have though but im sure they can take care of you seem to be a great shop down there.
The setup I have currently is 3" off the stock manifolds back to a true dual setup flowmaster super 44 series dumped where the cab meets the bed. Its LOUD! Cant imagine what it will be like with the LT'S. The setup cost me $170 total.

Heres some pics.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

That set-up actually looks pretty cool.
-Joel
Old 06-04-2008, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

I've had Tuning work by DynoTuneDan @ MASPORT, and exhaust work by Steve over at Chuck's "MadHatter". Both Places are Aces, and I've been very happy with the service and the outcomes. Great guys to deal with too!
But since you do live in Boca, you'll find also closeby to Masport is my friends shop.
He's a respected Musclecar/Racecar guy along with his son.
If you want to try and get it done sooner, give Glen a call at Spanish River Auto. He also is an ASE Certified Master Mechanic and along with his son Roger do all kinds of performance work, as well as mild to wild Nitrous installs, stages, etc. They also take meticulous care of the work and the ride.
(People may have seen his single digit on motor, slapper bar, 10" tire white '67 Camaro blow a '67 Mustang into the wall on the Fla. Pinks episode...lol)

Hope to hear that SS soon & Best regards!
Old 06-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

It is true that we are extremely busy. Though that is not a bad thing, it does mean that we have a waiting list for future work. We fully understand that people want work done quickly, but we have to be upfront and honest about this sort of thing- like we are in every other aspect of our company.

It is our belief that the highest level of quality can be attained when a technician can devote his full attention to a given project. It is for this reason that we limit the amount of work we have at any one moment. Not only does it allow control, but also the ability to give it our all in each and every vehicle we service.

For those of you who have come by, you know that our shop is not the biggest. It is for this reason that we only book what we can complete in a timely fashion. We have all heard horror stories of cars sitting in shops for months upon months with little or no progress to show for. That is not, nor will it ever be our style...we simply do not need to put ourselves in that position.

We would love to work on anyones vehicle that is looking to take it to the next level, just know that we do have about a 3 week wait as of today. If you can wait, it will be well worth it!

To all of our loyal customers, thank you so much. Without you, nothing is possible. You are our most valuable assets!

EB
Old 06-05-2008, 12:15 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

Wink

Originally Posted by SSJIMMY

Hey bud, a little info on the system:

2.5" true dual system hand fabricated by Steve (The MAN) @ Mad Hatter Muffler of Pompano Beach, Fl.

Mufflers are a pair of 18" x 2.5" (Inner Diameter), 3" (outer diameter) SWEET THUNDER MUFFLERS ---> http://www.sweet-thunder.com/

For those of you wondering what they sound like, click the link in my sig below...they are loud and scare the **** out of people...TRUST ME.

You will also notice that a new upper pan hard bar made by BMR was utilized to allow an ample amount of clearance in an otherwise limited area. Some trimming of the heat sheild will also be neccesary.

The system ran me about $450, and the mufflers were another $150 or so...I would say any system of this difficulty will run you anywhere between $500-$1000 depending of the type of muffler and whether or not you use the BMR unit...which I recommend.

All in all, it was worth EVERY PENNY. Ask anyone who heard this system, they creamed their pants. Also, I had NO ground clearance issues and was lowered 1.25" all around.

If I missed anything, shoot me a PM and I will answer individual questions.

EB

ps- I miss my car now...
Old 06-05-2008, 12:19 AM
TECH Addict

I hear your system sounded killer, especially with the H/C. Hey Erik would you guys be able to assemble a rear end? I don't have the money now for one, but when the time comes i wanted to see if you guys could put it together. Install im sure i can do, but its just the assembly that has me a bit iffy.
-Joel
Old 06-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

Hey Joel, you have PM
Old 06-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ERIK@MASPORT
Hey bud, a little info on the system:

2.5" true dual system hand fabricated by Steve (The MAN) @ Mad Hatter Muffler of Pompano Beach, Fl.

Mufflers are a pair of 18" x 2.5" (Inner Diameter), 3" (outer diameter) SWEET THUNDER MUFFLERS ---> http://www.sweet-thunder.com/

For those of you wondering what they sound like, click the link in my sig below...they are loud and scare the **** out of people...TRUST ME.

You will also notice that a new upper pan hard bar made by BMR was utilized to allow an ample amount of clearance in an otherwise limited area. Some trimming of the heat sheild will also be neccesary.

The system ran me about $450, and the mufflers were another $150 or so...I would say any system of this difficulty will run you anywhere between $500-$1000 depending of the type of muffler and whether or not you use the BMR unit...which I recommend.

All in all, it was worth EVERY PENNY. Ask anyone who heard this system, they creamed their pants. Also, I had NO ground clearance issues and was lowered 1.25" all around.

If I missed anything, shoot me a PM and I will answer individual questions.

EB

ps- I miss my car now...

HAHA, I'm an idiot, I thought he was talking to me LOL.

Quick Reply: Need an exhaust shop in South Florida