Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Ouch!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ouch!!

K well I have recently had some VERY bad luck with my car and I think it must be a sign that I should no longer sell it. For starters, I had a friend helping me move and he put my TV on my passenger seat alittle to roughly and ripped a small tear into my flawless leather seat. *sigh* I am going to attempt to repair it since it is less than 1in long with a leather repair kit.

Now comes the real headache. Two days ago I went to Comcast to return a modem I had leased and as I backed in the one parking spot remaining in the shitty small lot I heard a weird noise. Did I hit the fence? Nope. Did I hit the curb? Nope. I hit a ******* metal rod sticking out of the ground at an angle through one of the holes in the chain link fence.

Life sucks, but I look at this as an opportunity to CETA my bumper. The damage with red paint checks out with a hefty $300 repair (went to about 5 different repair shops). I was told red was more expensive so I am going to ask them if the price would be lower if they painted it a high gloss black. How's this for OUCH!

By wazup340, shot with LG-VX8350 at 2008-07-03

It won't be fixed until July 21st, but I might still idle out to the Packy's meet with my tail between my legs. Hope to see some of you guys there!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude ur like me, just be glad its bad luck and not no luck at all
Old 07-04-2008, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Man, that sucks. If it's any consolation, the rear will look good with the CETA.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

Cool

So sorry that happened. That little p.o.s. parking lot does suck.
Did you ask management there at Comcast for lot owner? Or if Comcast owns it to make good since that pole was not tended to?
Anyway i'd like to attach a pic of the back of my Redbird with the Anniversary type dark paint scheme to the rear bumper/fascia, but can't seem to attach it to this thread, so if you can make it to Flakowitz this Sat. after 5 pm, you can check it out,

http://www.cruisinsouthflorida.com/2....Flakowitz.htm
(or pm me your email and I'll forward the pic to you.)

Btw, I have a longtime friend Peter who works as a Paint / Body man for a Local Benz dealer. He's a musclecar lover as well.
He can do what you need at his own house one Saturday if you hook up with him. He'll do the right thing, and the price should be ok as a referral from me. He's also doing a Paint /Resto on a '64 Impala SS right now for Steve of Audio Limits on 441 in No.Boca.
Maybe see you at?:
http://www.cruisinsouthflorida.com/2....Flakowitz.htm
Good Luck Wazup...

Last edited by RapidRick; 07-04-2008 at 02:56 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys, yea I think it will look great with the CETA mod.

Rick, I appreciate the offer but I think I am going to stick with the shop I chose, mainly because they did my WS6 hood (before I sold it...) and it came out perfect for a great price. They are only charging something like $57 to fix the hole and the rest is paint and clear so I really think the cheaper paint will help. "Bright Red" burns a hole in my eyes and pockets I am going to try to get down to Flakowitz, the funny thing is my good friend Josh's parents owned that bakery when I was in high school, not sure if its still them anymore... I sent you a PM with an email so I can see that picture you were talking about too!
Old 07-04-2008, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with bitching to comcast about it but, guess your already have plans now.

SHORT STORY : I parked at home depot about a year ago next to one of those BOX containers that you can rent for storage (looks like a 18-wheeler back half). Well the door on it was not shut and was broken so that it couldn't ever be shut (didn't notice that till after). A thunderstorm came while I was there and that big-*** heavy door swung open and dented the side of my car. I bitched... and home depot and the box company split the insurance bill.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to see that man. On the bright side, I'm sure she'll look great with the CETA mod and now there won't be one less T/A in Boca. We need all the fbodies we can get.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KameleonTransAm
Sorry to see that man. On the bright side, I'm sure she'll look great with the CETA mod and now there won't be one less T/A in Boca. We need all the fbodies we can get.

Haha yea, I am now sold on the CETA mod so while I am in Tampa on July 21st I will be dropping it off. Hopefully it will be a bit cheaper than the bright red paint to get the high gloss black.

As of getting Comcast to pay for it they basically told me to **** off and that it was my own fault. Plus they added in that they don't own the parking lot and no one there seemed to know who owned it. I don't really care enough to waste my time fighting it, if they argue over fixing a broken cable in someone's yard then I really doubt they will agree to repair my car. $300 isn't that bad and for the next two months I don't have rent to pay (living with GF rent free till August) so I have some spare money.

Quick Reply: Ouch!!