Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

fallout

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default fallout

Well if you street race in Tampa, you might want to lay low for a while. Seems they are blaming that death on "drag racing". Bay News 9 was smart enough to call it illegal street racing, but the dipshits on News 10 had to use the term "drag racing", which has been debated shouldn't be used as it gives bad ideas.

Yeah I bet the cops are going to be out in force though and looking for the cars involved. Don't know how Tampa works, but out in CA when we had a death at illegal races it got really hard there were so many cops out, and shut all our spots down.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have an article?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bay News 9.

Well on News 10's website they don't have the incident listed on their page for some reason, I'll check later if they add it when they put up the evening news, as their clip was on the late news today.

I typically don't catch the news, looking at it online a lot of fucked up **** happens throughout the day. Some 15 year old kid shot a guy after telling him to slow down, some chick the other day on a motorcycle tried to evade cops on I-4 and crashed, rapes in parks, IRS hitman, etc...... crazyness.

Last edited by camar0corey; 07-31-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

great another innocent person suffering from people's stupidity. Me and my gf got ran off the road a couple nights ago by some dipshit in a Honda racing some kid in a Mazda 3. Two cops were sitting at the gas station where we stopped and i told them about it but they didn't seem to care too much.

Last edited by Pretyflywiteguy; 12-10-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

it seems like every night on the news there is a new story about an accident here in orlando that is blamed on street racing...
Old 08-01-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

wow , that guy in tampa is gone now, prison for sure, thats sad for all involved,the guilty and the innocent .
Old 08-02-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

Taken from bay news 9 website->"According to the Florida Highway Patrol, two cars were traveling at a high speed on Hillsborough, perhaps racing. A blue Mazda was following those two cars.

Wanda Ivette Moulier was struck by the Mazda when she stepped into the road off the median just before 9 p.m. She died at the scene.

Officials said the driver of the Mazda stopped but the other two cars did not.

Charges may be pending."

WTF would two cars racing have to do with the dumbass who hit this person? She was not hit by the two cars racing she was hit by some jackass not paying attention or maybe she wasn't paying attention. It just seems kinda stupid to blame somthing like this on racing. Maybe if two cars were racing, one lost control and struck her on the median. Maybe she wasn't paying attention to oncoming traffic? I'm sorry for her family's loss but this doesn't need racing to be part of the headline.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

"woman gets hit by car" or "Racing lead to fatal pedestrian accident".... You dont have to be rocket scientist to figure out which title would sell more papers. No offense to the victim but, early teachings from my parents come to mind... hmm... what were they??? oh yeah, "always look both ways...." And yeah, the story was total Bullshit for even mentioning the "racing" since the alleged "racers" did not hit the lady.

Quick Reply: fallout