Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Relocating to Daytona area? Any tips on place to live?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Relocating to Daytona area? Any tips on place to live?

Alright looking like it might be too far to commute to daytona, next thing to look into. Relocating.

SO if we were to relocate to Daytona area, any tips on nice places to move to?

How is New Smyrna, or Ormond beach?

Or even just daytona or surrounding areas? Any input on that?
Old 08-05-2008, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Daytona Beach has it's nice areas, but most of it is too touristy or crappy if you ask me. Ormond Beach is nice, so is New Smyrna.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:38 PM
10 Second Club

Deland, 15-20 miles from Daytona. Nice area, not overbuilt yet.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

if you want my wife is the Asst manager at Legagcy at Crystal Lake in Port Orange they are luxury apts kinda pricy but she may be able to help
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 08-05-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Eric,

Buying or renting? I own a house in Deltona, and used to live in Daytona Beach. Worked 911 EMS in Volusia county for years, so I can tell you good or bad area for the most part.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:27 AM
Launching!

Might be buying, but possibly renting, crap I forgot about the deland area. Might be cheaper since its not on the coast. I honestly not a huge fan of the daytona city, but don't know much about the other areas and I think I have only seen the crappy parts of Daytona.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:59 AM
10 Second Club

There are lots of forclosures and new homes that have been sitting vacant on the market for about 2 years. If you can afford to buy, I would jump on something with two feet.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:05 AM
12 Second Club

some info/some opinion

Deland..kinda surrounding a school..old city. nice but old.

New Smyrna...shitty shitty commisions facility and whatnot..they dont operate under FPL and stuff. They run there own facilities (i.e. water, elec, phone. It can be a pain)

Daytona/Port Orange more so..pretty nice..deff middle class style..homes ranging from 100K-400K lol. at the moment foreclosed howes are the **** lol..there is probably ten colleges around here..(keiser, palmer, DBC, Embry, Phoenix, ATC, UCF. etc)

Ormond is nice but pricey..there are some very high end neighborhoods there out towrads ocala. I lke it there. Nice beaches.

And legacy is very very nice..had a GF live there. Rent is pricey but its dead in the middle between Port Orange and Daytona. Id deff recommend living in PO over Daytona.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 86 IROC
There are lots of forclosures and new homes that have been sitting vacant on the market for about 2 years. If you can afford to buy, I would jump on something with two feet.
agreed...in a local neighborhodd called willow run (those from around here know it). A friend just bought a three bedroom, two bath two car garage, nice lot lines. Needed carpet and paint and a few bathroom fixtures. She got it for just over a 100K. here mortgage payment is $807 lol..it would be hard to rent for less than that.

Quick Reply: Relocating to Daytona area? Any tips on place to live?