Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

ported TB installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ported TB installed

I ordered a Ported TB by Jantzer through Chris at CC Performace great product and service and i got it in only a few days. I didnt opt for them to paint it or anythin and when i got it I decided i would paint it myself. took it a part scuffed it up and cleaned it and then sprayed 3 coats of a a night black metallic enamel a really cool color i think. It looks black on the cap but its more like a really dark gray kinda like the dark carbon color GM has on there trucks. I then sprayed 4 coats of clear and let it sit overnight.

So today i get home from church and start at it get the old TB off transfer the sensors over and went to put it on got the 3 bolts started. then started tightening the 2nd one and it just snapped in half. fun fun so my Dad and I play with it a bit to see if we could back it out tried all our plyers and wrenches nothing could get ahold of it. so we got out the dremel and cut a groove in it and able to get it out that way very lucky we didnt have to do more.

So went and got some mroe bolts and a 2ft 5/16 fuel line hose to bypass the coolant going into the TB got everything bolted back on and it does seem to run better and have better response when i hit the gas ill take it to the track in a week or two and see if its enough to drop me that .11 to get into the 12s.

well here is some pictures enjoy.

Installed on the car

Old 08-10-2008, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good, might need a tweaking from a tune to get the full effect.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KrisXpc
Looks good, might need a tweaking from a tune to get the full effect.
what exaclty do you mean there a full dyno tune or the set screw?

im hoping to get a LS6 intake by the end of the year and was getting a dyno tune after thats done probably
Old 08-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Looks good!!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks and here is some pictures of the bypass hose i did just a 5/16 fuel line hose 2 feet long.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSJIMMY
what exaclty do you mean there a full dyno tune or the set screw?

im hoping to get a LS6 intake by the end of the year and was getting a dyno tune after thats done probably

Good call, the intake helps alot w/ the P&P TB, the tune will really open it up, you'll feel alot more pull top end.