Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

How to test

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to test

A window switch... The other day my passenger window locked up.. i thought it was the motor so i pulled the motor and it worked fine.. so i plugged it back in a wiggled the passenger side switch and it started to go up.. goes down fine but up feels like it has a bad contact, it works when i wiggle the connector .. and the drivers side passenger switch wont operate it up or down.. i think the contacts or something in the passenger switch are preventing it.. is there any way to test the switch before i buy a new one.. It might be the switch or the plug not sure.. i have an multi-meter..

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2008, 06:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NeXuS
A window switch... The other day my passenger window locked up.. i thought it was the motor so i pulled the motor and it worked fine.. so i plugged it back in a wiggled the passenger side switch and it started to go up.. goes down fine but up feels like it has a bad contact, it works when i wiggle the connector .. and the drivers side passenger switch wont operate it up or down.. i think the contacts or something in the passenger switch are preventing it.. is there any way to test the switch before i buy a new one.. It might be the switch or the plug not sure.. i have an multi-meter..

Thanks!
Take a look at the driver's side switch as well, maybe swap them with a buddy if you have one nearby with a like car.

the passenger side switch runs through the driver's side switch, so if the contact is bad at the driver's side switch the, passenger side wont work.

Quick Reply: How to test