Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Tranny rebuild place needed in Central FL

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny rebuild place needed in Central FL

hey guys,
Im looking for a place to rebuild my tranny in central FL. I am actually located in Daytona Beach so the clsoer to there the better but will travel a little bit if i have to. The 3rd gear syncro in my car is pretty much on its way out.
Any body know of a good place around here to do a rebuild at a resonable price?

thanks

matt
Old 10-03-2008, 04:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going into the trans I would also install the steel 3/4 shift fork as well as put in bronze pads on the shift forks to replace the plastic ones.

Off the top of my head if it is only a 3/4 synchro replacment including the steel fork and bronze pads you are looking at approx $1000 with trans R&R. This would also include new 3rd and 4th blocker rings.

The only things that may also be needed is if one of the gears are bad due to a synchro being gone for a while or if there is some kind of funky exhaust or y-pipe (welded one piece comes to mind) that makes the R&R more difficult.

Depending on the mileage or condition it is also a good time to do a clutch. Just a heads up there.

Hopefully this helps.

Mike Norris
Old 10-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Teching In

I had a guy named frank dillinger at trans express in apopka build mine. I love and he even gave me a 12 month 12,000 mile waranty eventhough he knew I would be spraying nitrous on the car.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have some New GM block and syncro paks if that will help ya.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Hey guys thanks for all the help. I was thinking about doing the diferent shift fork while i was in there. The car has 34,xxx miles on it. I replaced the clutch about 3k miles ago with the LS7 clutch so I hope thats still good when they go in there. The grinding is very random and only when i down shift into thrid so im hoping the gears are ok becasue i jsut aviod that down shift. Luckly i dont have a full exhaust on it yet. the Headers and Y-pipe were next with the money that is not going into the tranny. lol
ToplessHO: I know the basics for the internals of the transmissions but thats about it. Is the block and syncrho paks basically what i need to rebuild it. I found online a "master rebuild kit" and some other kits to rebuild it. Not sure waht i really need.

thanks again everyone
Old 10-06-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

If you pull it out I can rebuild it with whatever.. Ive done tons of t56's
Old 10-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

I dont have any where to pull it out or the time with school right now. but thank you 396D1ss. I talked to Mike and i am pretty sure im gonan bring it there. gotta call and make final plans tomm
Old 10-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kens performance off of orange just rebuilt mine. He has been around for a while and his price was awesome. PM me if you want to know more. Plus I got warrenty.

Quick Reply: Tranny rebuild place needed in Central FL