Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need Opinions Please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 05:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Opinions Please!

I'm considering a turbo car. I have always been an N/A guy as tuning issues use to scare me. What are your opinions on a STS system on a purpose built shortblock with the right supporting mods? Is this a good turbo system for a weekend/track and street car? Is this a proven system with good potential and street manners? I realize there are a lot of variables, but done right what are your thoughts on the STS system? Thanks in advance!

Paul

p.s. I did read the stickys!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STS is a proven performer, there are just a bunch of small kinks to work out of the system (read Zombie's threads), but once you get thema ll worked out it can be a very potent FI system. Personally I like the APS twin kit or a procharger d1sc over the STS kit as I have seen all three and like the first two over the STS, but thats JMO. There are rear-mount cars deep into the single digits so they do work and work quite well, again just need to play with the system to get it to work at its maximum potential. My vote is again for APS or procharger but def cant go wrong with an STS if thats your choice. Good luck and let us know what you end up choosing!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:52 AM
11 Second Club

check out the specs on mine i have had good luck with all the kits i have done except on lt1 stuff for obvios resones.
oh yeh i still spin the slicks for the fist 30 ft. with stock suspension. i could run 10s if i could hook up.

Last edited by xturboguyx2001; 10-16-2008 at 08:55 AM. Reason: missed some info
Old 10-16-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys, I appreciate your input!

Paul

Quick Reply: Need Opinions Please!