Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

4" DP what are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" DP what are my options?

I have a custom truck manifold front mount going on the car this winter. It was designed for a PTE88 T4 with a 4" DP. That is too much turbo for this car as it will be a street only car and it's a M6. Looking to buy a 76mm turbo T4 flanged with a 4" DP and a 3" compressor outlet. I'm not too concerned about the compressor outlet as I can adapt pretty much anything. The DP has me concerned because if I run an adaptor it will offset my DP too much and I will run into clearence issues. Any ideas or advice?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

tubular K-member, move the passenger side steering rack mount, run below the motor mount...... cheers

OR, if you are running solid mounts, you will not need to move the steering rack mount.

i'm running stock style motor mounts so i did the first option.... i think i'm the only one who has done this.. it works great, but you need to make sure your dimensions are CORRECT
Old 10-19-2008, 08:51 PM
10 Second Club

i'll try to find some under-car pics. that would make it easier to see
Old 10-20-2008, 08:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a pte-88 turbo on my car with the 4" DP squeezed through an older BMR (not the turbo type) k-member were the AC was and with the poly motor mounts on the k-member.
but if you can get the turbo type k-member i would do that.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
i have a pte-88 turbo on my car with the 4" DP squeezed through an older BMR (not the turbo type) k-member were the AC was and with the poly motor mounts on the k-member.
but if you can get the turbo type k-member i would do that.
Actually this kit was designed around a BMR K-member. I don't know if it was their turbo K-member or their original. The DP starts out as a 4" and necks down to a 3 1/2" right where the AC used to be. Hopefully I'll be OK. I just need to know what options I have as far as turbos go. I'm looking at a GT4276 right know. I know it's a large frame, but it just might work.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i would just remake the downpipe then and stick a flange on the end that will fit your 76 as opposed to sacrificing the nice 4" dp or at least cut off the 4" section of it and copy it but in 3.5"

Quick Reply: 4" DP what are my options?