Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need some opinions

Hey guys,

I have a car that is not making the power it should. I believe that my turbos are to small for my large cube motor and choking the motor.

The setup is a 403 with Dart 225 StgIII ported and coated heads with t3/t4 hybrids. I am embarassed of the numbers, so I won't post them but let's just say that I haven't reached 700RWHP yet. That is what I want to fix.

I need you thoughts/opinions to help steer me in the right direction.

1st idea: Convert to t4 flange and v-band the downpipe. Now the downpipe is 2.5 in, but should be ok with me running twins. Also, the car is a street car with very limited track use. I think the t4 flange will help flow and relieve some of the back pressure, but I am limited on size. The size of the turbo has to be physically the same size of a GT35 to fit.

I have someone lined up for the job (he just doesn't know it yet ). So, looking at the cost analysis, I would have to consider fabrication to t4/v-band, keeping the turbo in the same location, and buying new turbos.

2nd idea: To keep everything as it is and just buy some GT35r's. GT35r's are around $1200/piece (or maybe someone can help me out there as well )

My goal for the car is to make the most power at a lower boost setting. I don't see any reason why the car can't get to 700RWHP on 10psi.

Last edited by red98ls1; 10-27-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Staging Lane

nobody wants to help spend money?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man you guys are harsh.....TTT for my friend....

Basically He's asking this....He has 2 options:
Change out his current turbos (some small t3/t4 hybrids with HUGE backpressure I'm sure)

OR

Do some modification to his current setup to fit either some MPT70s or TC series turbos.

I figure either way will probably end up costing about the same. Opinions?
Old 10-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

hahaha.....thanks for the bump man and you're local!