Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How long would it take to normaly install a SC kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long would it take to normaly install a SC kit?

Im just curious how much work i would have to do to install a standard double intercooler supercharger kit. Most likly a procharger. I read the awsome sticky of everything you will need to pick up and its true cost of about 11,000.

Right now i got a stock LS1 A4 4l60e trans 237 limited flip rear axle. no major mods done.

Im looking at his list and it seems like 2-3 days worth of work not to mention for me im probaly gonna need a new trans and rear axle. the 237 rear axles arnt to strong.....

So please give me what knowlage you wish and dont be rude please.

Im concidering Forced induction so my gas milage wont be hurt at low boost levels. Compared to N/a Motors constent out put supply.

Thank you everyone who gives me advice on this matter it will be greatly apricated.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gas mileage will improve during normal driving.A kit/installed varies from $7k to $8k.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Gas mileage will improve during normal driving.A kit/installed varies from $7k to $8k.
I know i was wondering how long i would be working on installing it sir .
Old 10-28-2008, 05:22 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Figure on two good days to install an ATI ProCharger. Here is a copy of the installation instructions. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1043

Here is a list of recommendations that I put together.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=540 Bob
Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Figure on two good days to install an ATI ProCharger. Here is a copy of the installation instructions. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1043

Here is a list of recommendations that I put together.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=540 Bob
Why thank you i greatly apricate your time and effort.

I reveiwed both of them and it would take me and my dad about 4 good days to install all of this stuff... Were not to good with instructions lol.... But o well if i do this ill have a very fun toy to play with .
Old 10-30-2008, 05:32 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stocktonz28
Why thank you i greatly apricate your time and effort.

I reveiwed both of them and it would take me and my dad about 4 good days to install all of this stuff... Were not to good with instructions lol.... But o well if i do this ill have a very fun toy to play with .
Glad to help! If you can read and follow the directions to put together a computer desk, then you won't have a problem putting an ATI ProCharger on an F Body. It just takes longer. Bob
Old 10-30-2008, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

it depends on how good you are mechanically. it took me about 5 days, several trips to the parts store and a ton of water (was in a warehouse in florida during the summer....) the important thing is to take your time, and not get pissed off. the hardest part is the balancer. also, the trick to putting the belt on is to get it on the procharger pulley, then the crank pulley as much as you can, then use a wrench to turn the crank and it will walk the belt into place.

Quick Reply: How long would it take to normaly install a SC kit?