Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger Oil Leak on Inlet Side

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharger Oil Leak on Inlet Side

Ok, I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem and what you have done to fix it.

I have a LS1 GTO with a D1SC on it. I bought the kit new from Procharger and have had it installed since August. I am running a 4" pulley installed by them. I have 1 7/8 LT's, no cats. I am making about 9lbs at redline. I don't have any oil lines running to the filter.

The other day I pulled my intake tubing and had a puddle of oil in the bottom of the rubber coupling. I am not losing a bunch of oil, but it is obvious that some is leaking from somewhere. I have the procharger Bypass valve and it works as designed.

Any experience on this? Is it normal? I am gonna check it again in a week and see what I'm left with.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-30-2008, 05:27 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are not seeing a significant loss of oil from inside the head unit, then it is possible that it could be coming from the air filter if it was heavily oiled. The warranty on a D-1SC head unit is one year, I'd continue to use it and monitor any oil usage for the time being. Bob
Old 10-30-2008, 08:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99taws6
Ok, I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem and what you have done to fix it.

I have a LS1 GTO with a D1SC on it. I bought the kit new from Procharger and have had it installed since August. I am running a 4" pulley installed by them. I have 1 7/8 LT's, no cats. I am making about 9lbs at redline. I don't have any oil lines running to the filter.

The other day I pulled my intake tubing and had a puddle of oil in the bottom of the rubber coupling. I am not losing a bunch of oil, but it is obvious that some is leaking from somewhere. I have the procharger Bypass valve and it works as designed.

Any experience on this? Is it normal? I am gonna check it again in a week and see what I'm left with.

Thanks in advance
I have the same problem.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
If you are not seeing a significant loss of oil from inside the head unit, then it is possible that it could be coming from the air filter if it was heavily oiled. The warranty on a D-1SC head unit is one year, I'd continue to use it and monitor any oil usage for the time being. Bob

It is not the filter. It is still the stock oiled filter from ATI.. I guess I'll check it in a week and see if I need to pursue the warranty.. Thanks Bob...

Quick Reply: Procharger Oil Leak on Inlet Side