Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

99 Turbo Ss Camaro 402 Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Turbo Ss Camaro 402 Need Help

I have a 99 ss camaro that has a sts kit on it with 402 slp shortblock running methanol and intercooler pushing 15lbs of boost.Any way this car is crazy it will run fine in the take off to 5000rpm or so and then start popping,sometimes worse than others.Then you will be going down the road and it will start skipping.it will do this for a few miles then it will clear up to normal driving conditions when it starts skipping it will start smoking bad then it will clear up this has been a problem for me since not long after i got it.i do not know if it is in the computer sensor or wiring or injectors ANYBODY THAT COULD AND WOULD HELP I SURE WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU
Old 11-01-2008, 07:04 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the computer throwing any codes? Does it only do it once it has been running for 10 to 15 minutes? Has it been tuned? Bob
Old 11-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Teching In

I have not had it checked yet i just got it back to running i put a fuel pump in to it because fuel pressure was dropping and it did the skipping then.once i put the fuel pump in to it i started driving it again today and it just started to do this this is the first time i have seen it start smoking like this when it does this it will smoke heavy then go down the road and it will stop skipping and smoking will stop.smoking sometimes you can drive it up to 30 minutes and it will be fine then you are still going down the road and out of the blue it will start skipping.with the smoking sometimes it is real heavy smoke and sometimes you really have to watch the mirrors to see it.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Teching In

sometimes when it skips it does not smoke

Quick Reply: 99 Turbo Ss Camaro 402 Need Help