Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Where to have GMPP intake plumbed and ported?

Old 11-02-2008, 10:09 PM
no title here

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Where to have GMPP intake plumbed and ported?

I have a GMPP intake for my 408 turbo build and I would like to know who would be best to send it to to have the fuel injectors plumbed and the runners ported and cleaned up. Would I need to send the heads or intake gaskets to have them port matched? Thanks for the help
Old 11-02-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Dr. J's porting service. Bryce just did my aworld single plane and it came back ****. Ported and flow-balanced to about +-5%.

Jim
Old 11-03-2008, 06:08 AM
no title here

How much was it?
Old 11-03-2008, 01:23 PM
no title here

So far I have emailed Intake Elbows and they seem cheapest, Wilson wanted 650 with porting it. Intake Elbows was less than 50 with the elbow. What is the idea on TB? I mean I will have 3" charge pipes so would a ported stock TB be enough or should I run a 90mm aftermarket unit? I have just read that some of the people that run the bigger TBs loose some throttle response so I thought why run a 4" tb fed by a 3" pipe? Thoughts?? I don't mind spending the money but unless there is a good enough gain to make it worth while I see no point in throwing high dollar parts at it when they aren't needed.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:50 AM
TECH Addict

$425. But I am going to prep it for EFI here, still needs the pads levelled, injector bores drilled, 4 fuel rail retainer posts welded on then tapped. Shouldn't be a big deal. But they do advertise EFI prep, so it's worth asking them for a total price w/porting.

Remember a throttle body, even wide open, still has some restriction. The shaft and blade are still in the way even when open. Figure on 20% less flow than an open pipe of the same diameter, so you do want a TB that is somewhat bigger than your feeder tubing. Yes, throttle response can be an issue with larger mono-blades - perhaps ask this forum for some more specific advice?

Jim
Old 11-04-2008, 12:45 PM
no title here

Did you send them the heads to have them match them to the heads? Wilson Manifolds told me that unless they had the heads to match everything up it would pretty much be a waste. I was going to talk to the guy doing my heads about doing the manifold at the same time. You said that you had everything flow checked, did they do it before hand and if so how far off was it out of the box? Thanks for the help man. Anyone else with any input please feel free I want as much info as possible.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

No, he went off the Felpro 1206 gasket and his knowledge of AFR heads.

He sent me stock flow numbers off another World single plane he had done a few months earlier, and my completed numbers. I told him up front that I was doing a blower motor and that flow balance was more important to me than max numbers. The after numbers came back for each runner up by ~80cfm on the worst runners and ~50 on the best. I will pull out the report and send you the exact numbers for each runner, but the flows are ~+-5% now where there were wide variances before.

Jim
Old 11-05-2008, 03:36 PM
no title here

I actually called him yesterday and he said that I could send the gaskets I had the heads matched with and he would match the intake to that. He also said that I needed to have to intake plumbed before hand because the welding could effect the mounting flange. Just a thought for anyone thinking the same things I am. I like to share what I am told just in case

Search this Thread