Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo build

Old 11-23-2008, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turbo build

Guys Im eventually going to a turbo set-up but for now I have a stock fuel system and want to know if I want to run near 800 hsp. What kind of stuff can I buy right now to start making my transition in moderate stages? Like fuel pumps, injectors, fuel line plumbing, etc.?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say rails, Convert to a return fuel system. Boost referenced regulator.

For 800 hp i would say probably gonna need the 79# injectors. Dual walbros in the tank would probably get it done, and i would definatly suggest hot wireing the pumps.(Run bigger power wire back with a relay so there is less voltage drop from the tiny wire feeding the pumps)

That fuel setup should be able to take you to near 1000 hp.

Good luck, Chris
Old 11-23-2008, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So can all this be installed right now in preparation for the turbo? I want to knock out as much work now as I can in preparation for the turbo, so pretty much I can bolt the turbo system up, create oil lines and not have to worry about the fuel system since it would already be ready.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rails, and regulator can go on no problem. I dont think 2 walbro's would hurt anything either, along with the wiring to them.

The only thing you may have a issue with is getting the tune right with such big injectors.

Either way you can do injectors in 15 minutes, so maybe do the rest of it, and do injectors when you go turbo.

Chris
Old 11-23-2008, 10:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree with above. I did things a bit backwards. Did the engine and turbos but knew car was going away and knew would be breaking in the new 408 and not at much if any boost. So put in injectors, tuned for them but on stock pump ,lines, rails,reg.
Local guy has sts turbo with just 42s and stock pump I am pretty sure still. He limits it to 5psi and is ok.

Still of course its better to do the support mods first. I will for sure have my fuel system in there complete by spring. Can't tune it until can go wot with the right stuff backing it up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo build