Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Questions about an Incon TT Kit

Old 11-27-2008, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Questions about an Incon TT Kit

hey guys,

I just purchased a Stage 1 Incon TT Kit with gt2871r turbos.

I had never really planned to ever go this route but at the price i got it for i couldn't pass it up.

My plan is to put it on my 98 TA 6-speed that is basicly stock, and was curious what kind of power i could expect out of it. I would like to be between 500-550 HP.

The car is bone stock other than a Stage 1 6-speeds Inc T56 rebuild, an LS7 clutch, and walbro 255 in tank pump, and soon to have 60lb mototron injectors.

I plan to ditch my catback exhaust and run duals probably dumped before the rear axle (dabating on weather i should use an x-pipe or run them straight)

I know that there are still a few of these kits floating around, and would love to know what kind of results i can expect... and what kind of ET's/trap speed i can expect.

One other area of concern for me... this car has 148k miles on it, so i know that there is a chance i could have some problems. To band-aid it for the time being, i was considering having a buddy of mine re-ring it with something decent, and put some katech rod bolts in it. Just curious how well i can expect it to hold up under those conditions.

Im also curious what the first "weak links" are going to be. Obviously the 10 bolt wont like it for long, but hopefully it will give me a little use since it was recently rebuilt with 3.73's. I figured at some point valve springs may be an issue? etc.

I have never owned a turbo vehicle of any sort, so im kind of shooting in the dark here.

Any tips, tricks, etc, would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally if I was going to go through the work of having the engine apart, I would put some pistons in it. Pistons and rods alone and you can max the turbo kit out. It will need valvesprings at 450-500 rwhp. A voltage booster would not be a bad idea to help out the single fuel pump.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im currently having one installed on my car. should be done by the end of next week. from what i've heard max is around 750rwhp on stock c.i. motors but will see. im using the stock block for now.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Coal Mining Director

Do it right the first time or spend more money to do it over. Stock 148k + turbo = boom.

If you want a dependable car that will run 10's all day long have the engine rebuilt with the proper forged pistons to drop the compression down to 9:1. Add a set of forged rods, good bolts everywhere and go through the heads and replace the springs with Comp beehives. Use GM multilayer headgaskets and ARP studs. Now you have more engine than turbo. Mototron 60's plus a good Walbro should get you close to 600rwhp at 12psi of boost. It will be a fun and dependable ride if you get a good tune.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:36 PM
9 Second Club

INCON IS A GREAT KIT. GET some decent pistons/rods and let her eat. 700+ rwhp all day long on pump gas and a meth kit. May not need the meth kit but they work so well and are great insurance
Old 11-28-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

My only goals for now are about 500rwhp, i really just want to throw it on my stock everything car and have fun with it untill i can budget the money to do good rods and pistons. Do you think 500 is asking too much out of this stock high mileage motor?

I have been reading through old incon threads and learning a lot.

Is the only difference between the different stage incons, the turbos themselves? Are the manifolds the same? Im really getting ahead of myself here, but i found an old thread where some guys were talking about sending their gt2871r's off and having them upgraded to flow ~50-55lbs and then 1100hp was possible?
Old 11-28-2008, 05:26 PM
9 Second Club

just different turbo cartridges.

the bigger turbos will do 800-850rwhp on a 346
Old 11-28-2008, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

what size are the different turbos? i believe i was told i had gt2876r, if so what are the max capability on these turbos. sorry for the hijack
Old 11-29-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nassty00
what size are the different turbos? i believe i was told i had gt2876r, if so what are the max capability on these turbos. sorry for the hijack
I have the same question.

I believe in that old thread i had found, that Cable Bandit was who had his sent somewhere and upgraded to be able to handle like 1100hp.

Honestly i dont know much about turbos at all... so i would really appreciate a break-down of what they change and where i need to go to get this done.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions about an Incon TT Kit