Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS turbo clocking?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS turbo clocking?

I have searched the threads and found lots of useful information but cannot seem to find an answer to my question. I have also called STS and after a few weeks still have not got a clear answer. So here is my question:

Can i rotate the position of the oil inlet and oil outlet on the 67 trim STS turbo?

Loosing the 6 compressor bolts on the intake side of the turbo allows me to turn that intake compressor housing, but when I loosen 6 bolts on the exhaust side i cannot rotate that side?

Thank you very much for your help and all the other great information out there about these kits
Old 11-29-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dnm12
I have searched the threads and found lots of useful information but cannot seem to find an answer to my question. I have also called STS and after a few weeks still have not got a clear answer. So here is my question:

Can i rotate the position of the oil inlet and oil outlet on the 67 trim STS turbo?

Loosing the 6 compressor bolts on the intake side of the turbo allows me to turn that intake compressor housing, but when I loosen 6 bolts on the exhaust side i cannot rotate that side?

Thank you very much for your help and all the other great information out there about these kits
Yes it will rotate, but they seized up from the heat. Loosen the bolts all up and hold the turbo with one hand and beat the snot out of it with a dead blow hammer till it comes loose. It will work Some penetrating oil will help too.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont go crazy beating on it love taps and Pb blaster.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Dont go crazy beating on it love taps and Pb blaster.
Second that on the penetrating oil!

If she still gives you trouble after that use a small butane torch and see if she won't loosen up then BUT be careful on how warm you get it and any eng. oil that may be on the outside of the housing!

A small butnae torch will not get anywhere near as hot as an acetelene(spelling?) torch and should not damage anything.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

yes thank you very much all! A little penetrating oil and some light love taps and she moves!!!! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it!!

Quick Reply: STS turbo clocking?