Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

C6 supercharger/turbo options?

Old 12-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 supercharger/turbo options?

I have two customer who finally decided to go the blown route. One has a 2008 C6 with LS3 and he wants to go Magnacharger route, his friend has a 2007 C6 Z06 and he wants something different like STS turbo or A&A kit.

I am a dealer for A&A so that is not the issue, but what about the other kits. How good are they, what is not included in the fineprint and what are real first hand experiences and not some worn out sales pitch?

anyone who runs them could give any input how they performed, like who are currently the best dealers out there for those kits?

APS or TTi turbo might be a possibility as well but of course carry a hefty price. But I do consider them as well.

engines will stay stock for the time being
Old 12-10-2008, 05:18 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go with an STS kit, I would not use catalytic converters with it. Catalytic converters only last so long before their innards loosen up and break loose. When this happens they tend to shoot these parts downstream into the exhaust system. Bad things happen when you have a turbo ingesting these pieces. We see pieces of catalytic converters on our dyno every now and then, and I have also seen a rear mount turbo get ruined from this. Bob
Old 12-10-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't recommend an sts kit anyway. Go either ATI or APS turbo or TTi turbo kits all reputable and proven. Also check with Kentucky turbo I believe they make c6 turbo kits also and they are a great company also. As far as them being pricey any fi kit is going to be pricey. You have to pay to play with the big dogs. No way around it.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

The C6 Kit from STS is one of the best they offer. The fit and finish is phenominal. We haven't had any trouble with the the cats either.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go APS it seems like they have one of the best kits out there
Old 12-10-2008, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

I run a Paxton Novi 2k on my c5 with no issues ,bought the kit from chris @ Ecs http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 supercharger/turbo options?