Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need a Turbo timing table to get me started.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need a Turbo timing table to get me started.

Can anyone share some of your input on this? I have no meth and run 93 octane only, I have a JGS 50mm WG and they say the least boost it will make with the softest spring is about 9 PSI so I want to be conservative. I'm using HP Tuners and have never tuned a turbo car so I welcome any and all advice,TIA.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12-15 degrees tops once in boost
Old 12-17-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the hptuners site you have some turbo cars that you can take a timing table off of.
I went around 12 max for starters and obviously you want to be able to monitor knock retard like a hawk as you gradually move up on the timing.Obviously you want to also get your afr more turbo friendly like 10.5 to 11.5 range. You are using a maf for now?
Old 12-17-2008, 03:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by cablebandit
12-15 degrees tops once in boost
Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
On the hptuners site you have some turbo cars that you can take a timing table off of.
I went around 12 max for starters and obviously you want to be able to monitor knock retard like a hawk as you gradually move up on the timing.Obviously you want to also get your afr more turbo friendly like 10.5 to 11.5 range. You are using a maf for now?
I'm not sure about how high up on the g/cyl to go but I basicly just went accross and pulled 17* from everything, is this the right approach?

Old 12-17-2008, 05:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, so i am not a expert at tunning. I just started and feel i got the basic's down. This is from my maf tune, @ 6 psi, on 93 octane. Ended up staying @ 11.3 afr, and didn't pull any timing. I paid to have this tune done. Now i just changed the os to 2 bar sd. I have pulled timing out for now to get the afr's correct, then i will throw some timing back at it, but atleast you can see roughly what was done. Again im not 100% sure if this is the best way to do it, but this is what i had done by what i feel was a pretty good tuner.

This was on a 98 so my table doesn't go as high as yours.

If the pictures is not big enough, here is the link

http://www.sidewayz.net/sparktable.jpg

Hope this helps, it can be hard getting started but once you get some basics down it all makes sense, and comes together.

Chris
Old 12-17-2008, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sideways240sx
OK, so i am not a expert at tunning. I just started and feel i got the basic's down. This is from my maf tune, @ 6 psi, on 93 octane. Ended up staying @ 11.3 afr, and didn't pull any timing. I paid to have this tune done. Now i just changed the os to 2 bar sd. I have pulled timing out for now to get the afr's correct, then i will throw some timing back at it, but atleast you can see roughly what was done. Again im not 100% sure if this is the best way to do it, but this is what i had done by what i feel was a pretty good tuner.

This was on a 98 so my table doesn't go as high as yours.

If the pictures is not big enough, here is the link

Hope this helps, it can be hard getting started but once you get some basics down it all makes sense, and comes together.

Chris
Thanks Chris.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:45 PM
10 Second Club

OK, downloaded 3 tunes from the repository & yanked a few more degrees where I thought it should be lower. I know this may be a little overkill but I'm trying to play it ultra safe. What do yall think?

Quick Reply: Need a Turbo timing table to get me started.