Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharged LS1(catch can filling up with water)?

Old 12-29-2008, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Procharged LS1(catch can filling up with water)?

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section, but I figure that my problem has something to do with having a supercharger.

I have been getting alot of water(moisture?) in my catch can. In the summer months the catch can would be half filled with milky oil every oil change at 2K miles. Obviously it was mostly oil with a little bit of water. I know that it was only a little bit of water or else I would have seen the oil and water seperate. Now, it the winter time, the catch can is 1/3 full of strictly water? I have a vented breather on the passenger valve cover and thats it. I thought that the air filter could be sucking up water but it is not exposed enough for the amount of water I am dumping out of the catch can.

What could be the cause of this?
Old 12-29-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a compression test, and pressurize the cooling system. Listen for leaks. Pressurize cylinders and same thing. Likely something leaking....
Old 12-29-2008, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28
Do a compression test, and pressurize the cooling system. Listen for leaks. Pressurize cylinders and same thing. Likely something leaking....
I did that and it all tested good. Even the oil on the dipstick and drained oil looks fine. The antifreeze is green.

All of the water in the catch can is basically clear.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the same thing catch can fills with water looks like pure clean water. Im running a lot of meth injection. I think thats were all my water is coming from though. 10k miles still running strong.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

IMO, the milky residue will naturally build up. You can see the same thing when you take off a naturally aspirated engines oil fill cap. You generally see some moisture. I drive the car 40 miles everyday so it definitly has enough heat to evaporate the moisture. I assume that the Procharger does build moisture as does the air compressor in my garage which is evident by the air to water seperater.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Junkie

You get a lot more condensation in the winter months because of the drastic temperature changes. I get the same thing. If you notice your exhaust there is more moisture coming out of it in the cold months vs the warmer months also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Procharged LS1(catch can filling up with water)?