Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Autometer electrical boost gauge wiring

Old 01-18-2009, 03:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autometer electrical boost gauge wiring

Hey guys, my Autometer electrical boost gauge says the power must come off of a switched circuit which does not drop off during engine start. Best as I can determine no circuit in my fuse panel is like that. Where did everyone take power for theirs?

Thanks much for any tips!

ps- car is a 2008 G8 GT.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:02 PM
11Second Club

Hey wreckwriter,

I'm glad I read your post. I'm installing Autometer gauges in my car now for a D1SC setup. I'm doing boost, water temp, and fuel pressure. I hadn't read the instructions on the boost gauge and hadn't seen what you're describing, but it's there sure enough.

I'm running a line lock that is hooked to a switched power source, and I had planned on just feeding all the gauges off that source. When I read your post, my heart sank. Luckily, the source doesn't die when the car is cranking. The source is a wire coming out of an ignition relay in the fuse box in the engine bay. You might want to give that a shot.

PM me if you want more info. Obviously, it's not a G8, but I'll give you whatever info I can to help.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:05 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gauge
Hey wreckwriter,

I'm glad I read your post. I'm installing Autometer gauges in my car now for a D1SC setup. I'm doing boost, water temp, and fuel pressure. I hadn't read the instructions on the boost gauge and hadn't seen what you're describing, but it's there sure enough.

I'm running a line lock that is hooked to a switched power source, and I had planned on just feeding all the gauges off that source. When I read your post, my heart sank. Luckily, the source doesn't die when the car is cranking. The source is a wire coming out of an ignition relay in the fuse box in the engine bay. You might want to give that a shot.

PM me if you want more info. Obviously, it's not a G8, but I'll give you whatever info I can to help.
Hey thanks for the reply. Best solution I've arrived at so far is much the same. I'm going to try tapping into one of the wires off the ignition switch.

ps- I'm also going with a D1SC

Search this Thread