Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boosts problems need some help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosts problems need some help!!!!!

On my 02’ Trans Am I have a D1SC procharger with a 3.4” serrated pulley so to eliminate belt slippage. It has an 8 rib belt and its all from procharger, no more aftermarket tensioners and the Race Bypass Valve from procharger. Before with a LS6 cam and a P1 it made 15 psi at 7k. With the same size pulley except it was smooth one so the boost wasn’t as smooth as it could be. That’s what the pulley I now have is suppose to fix. Since a cam swap we had belt slippage problems with the old setup. Now it is the way its suppose to be pulley wise and with that badass pulley on a D1 now and only making 10ish psi at bout 5500 rpms and stays at ten and goes rich with all the fuel. I think it’s a possible overlap issue. An LS6 has a 117 lobe sep. and the cam in it now is on a 114. Im still running the stock MAF and stock map sensor. Plugs are NGK BR7EF and im still running the stock coils. Plus I know lift and duration plays a factor too. What’s everyone’s thoughts?
Old 02-02-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Possible boost leak. Perform the boost leak test by capping off at the throttle body and the inlet to the supercharger, pressurize and check for leaks. I had my bypass valve stuck open only 1/8" and was losing 3-4psi boost. Flattening out up top also is indicative of belt slip. I am not a big advocate of valve overlap on forced induction cars.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah thats what one guy suggested. On his turbo del slos he has his BOV really tight so it barily opens enough to operate propperly. Now just finding the time to do it.