Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Requesting help from turbo and procharger guru's!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Requesting help from turbo and procharger guru's!

I am planning a new build for my '71 Chevelle. To be frank, I plan on running either a carbed ls1 or ls6 but, I can't decide on whether I want to use a Twin Turb or a procharger setup. When all said and done, I want roughly 700-800 whp.

I am currently running a fairly fresh (< 2000 miles) NA s/b 355, pushing approx. 500 hp through a 350 turbo tranny with a shift kit and 2,500 rpm stall. I have a 12-bolt posi rearend with 3.73s. I never run the car down the strip, but may do it after the build just to see how she runs.. The car is purely for enjoyment. This will be my first forced induction setup and really don't know which route I should go with? I love the sound of the bigger Procharger units and from what I hear, require less maintenance. I guess I would like someone to give me a little feedback on comparing a TT vs Procharger setup. One thing I like about turbos is fact that I can adjust boost on the fly. Would the Procharger be a more reliable setup for the streets? I don't want to be continually taking the car in for tuning and all that happy horse sh*t! I could go on and on.. Someone help!!

I already know that traction will be a major problem, but I would love burning the tires from a 65mph roll!

Last edited by codyc71; 02-05-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:18 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=29

Check out the above build, which is very reliable and can be driven anywhere. Bob