Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

C5 D1SC kit on F Body?

Old 02-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 D1SC kit on F Body?

Can anyone answer if a C5 D1SC kit can be adapted to be used on an F body? I have found a kit FS and was wondering if I could piece together the difference or is the transplant not worth it?

Tks
Old 02-22-2009, 05:02 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We haven't tried it at my shop but I think it could be done. If it is the stage 11 bracket, it is a much better bracket than the f body design. I have sold the Corvette bracket assembly to customer who have used them on LS1/swap vehicles, and as long as you have room to get the inlet over the radiator then you won't have any problems. You will have to convert over to the Corvette accessory routing to make it work. Bob
Old 02-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bob. IIRC the vette uses a different alternator location and a shorter water pump pulley. I think I am going to pass on the vette kit and just look for a head unit to build on. I am sure I will be talking with you in the future to buy parts.

Tks.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:08 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aerotest
Thanks Bob. IIRC the vette uses a different alternator location and a shorter water pump pulley. I think I am going to pass on the vette kit and just look for a head unit to build on. I am sure I will be talking with you in the future to buy parts.

Tks.
You're welcome, thanks. Bob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C5 D1SC kit on F Body?