Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Collecting info for a turbo 6.0 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Collecting info for a turbo 6.0 build

I am getting together a parts list for a 6.0 turbo build, I have a stock 2002 6.0 LQ4/4L80E transplanted in a lifted GMT400 Yukon and I was looking at making between 500-700hp, I was looking at a T76 single turbo setup, I dont have a really big budget so I am going to be running a stock engine for now, but I know some things should/need to be upgraded, like rod bolts, valve springs maybe oil pump etc, what do you guys reccomend for valve springs, Patriot's? comp 918's? and should I upgrade the chain and push rods at the same time, do I really need head or main bolts/studs? I also need to select a camshaft yet too. I just want to get everything in line and check my budget before I get started.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since you're on a budget. You should consider a good centrifugal or roots style blower for your forced induction. I may be wrong on other LS based platforms, but going turbo on a Vette is significantly more expensive. Regardless of what you choose, you'll eventually need: PRC or Patriot extreme springs, a good blower or turbo cam, fuel injectors, a supporting fuel system, double row timing set, rod bolts, forged pistons, good rings, head studs and an Alky Control methanol injection system.

I recommend at least the valve springs, injectors and methanol injection for starters. You should be able to get away with ~500rwhp on the stock pump.
Look in parts for sale to get your stuff. You can save a ton of money.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool, thanks for the tips, I was looking for ~500-700 at the crank since this is in a lifted truck with 37" tires, I dont know what the RWHP would be. I play in the sand dunes mostly with it and I have been beat by my friends NA big block with only a cam and ported iron heads and I figured it's time to give him a good run. I was looking at a procharger, but then I have to change my belt setup and I have a custom built AC bracket already since this is a transplant so I figured a turbo would just be piping rather than messing with the belt. how much HP can I run if I just put on like a T76 with valve springs and maybe a cam *edit and of course injectors? that's all I really want for now, but we all know what happens once you have boost you always want more

Last edited by s10mods; 03-01-2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: forgot injectors

Quick Reply: Collecting info for a turbo 6.0 build