Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

A2W intercooler STS question

Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A2W intercooler STS question

has anyone done this with a rear mount? is it possible to rear mount all the components of a A2W intercooler or is it just too much work?
Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

okay here is another question to add to the madness. could I also find room to put the A2W radiator back there?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's possible, because you could put the IC in the trunk even which let's you size the unit pretty much however you want, but the heat exchanger (W2A radiator) would work best in the airflow offered at the front of the car. Maybe you could do it with a couple smaller radiators and fans. Having it at the front wouldn't be hard - the lines don't need to be super big, maybe -8 or 1/2".

Jim
Old 03-25-2009, 01:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hmmm that would be good and could run the lines with the oil return lines for the kit. what would be a good size to get? I want to try to make the sts a twin cause i have a true dual exhaust set up, do you think 2 67's would work? or should i go with bigger ones just for future endeavors?
Old 03-25-2009, 02:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

there was a copmpany on the Vette forum that was running dual 61s and amining for 1200bhp i think. you have to get the size of the housings right! however it would be really nice to see someone use the quick spool valves like Zombie has on a twin turbo setup.

Also i hear twin GT35rs work pretty well, they lag a bit though.

could you not mount the A2W coolier in the same location as the twin intercoolers on the procharger setups? then you could still mount the heat exchange in front of the rad (make it as big as you can).

OR you could stick the engines erad in the trunk and run a MASSIVE A2A unit up front! this has been done on other cars alot. the sweedish are verygood at it lol! also a guy has done this with his C4 vette.....

Chris.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chuntington101
there was a copmpany on the Vette forum that was running dual 61s and amining for 1200bhp i think. you have to get the size of the housings right! however it would be really nice to see someone use the quick spool valves like Zombie has on a twin turbo setup.

Also i hear twin GT35rs work pretty well, they lag a bit though.

could you not mount the A2W coolier in the same location as the twin intercoolers on the procharger setups? then you could still mount the heat exchange in front of the rad (make it as big as you can).

OR you could stick the engines erad in the trunk and run a MASSIVE A2A unit up front! this has been done on other cars alot. the sweedish are verygood at it lol! also a guy has done this with his C4 vette.....

Chris.
That is a good idea would I run into any weight issues with mounting this in those places? But i like the simple easy stuff don't want to get too complicated with it.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Fugitive
That is a good idea would I run into any weight issues with mounting this in those places? But i like the simple easy stuff don't want to get too complicated with it.
Tooo late........
Old 03-29-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Tooo late........
hahaha well not as complicated as yours.......yet
Old 03-30-2009, 08:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Fugitive
hahaha well not as complicated as yours.......yet