Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Does STS sell just the hot/cold pipes for there rear mount Fbody kits?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Does STS sell just the hot/cold pipes for there rear mount Fbody kits?

Just wondering because Friend just sold his talon TSI and has most of his aftermarket turbo crap that he gave me. Aside from dumping 2k in pipes is there any other company that might sell the pipes?

Im gonna hit up the classifieds and see if i get lucky there also.

Thank you for your help
Old 04-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes they sell just the pipes. a few years back it cost me about 100 to replace most of them. i dented the **** out of mine.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by why me
yes they sell just the pipes. a few years back it cost me about 100 to replace most of them. i dented the **** out of mine.
Sweet. Guess ill have to give them a call then after all.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Sweet. Guess ill have to give them a call then after all.
Be weary... some poor schmuck tried to go cheap and buy just the cold pipes. STS quoted him $2600. You can not only make all those pipes for less than $200 but you can also have them coated as well. Go to a local muffler shop and get some mandrel bends.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 3800SII
Be weary... some poor schmuck tried to go cheap and buy just the cold pipes. STS quoted him $2600. You can not only make all those pipes for less than $200 but you can also have them coated as well. Go to a local muffler shop and get some mandrel bends.
2600 and ill do a nice rebuild, im not THAT stupid now haha.

Its not about going cheap though. I already have the turbo, IC, blow off valve, waste gate...so i just need some pipes haha
Old 04-07-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Anyone happen to have the instructions for the STS kit or similar on how to set up a rear mount (oiling, and wiring and such) thanks guys.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its not that easy and not that cheap. Steel prices are high. Just the bare the steel is a few hundered. Coating......a family member of mine does coating and I get a good deal, and it isnt cheap.

Mandrel bends.....I have my own mandrel bender, the only one in town that I know of, and they are not cheap either. Let alone, you wwould have to have all the exact peices to get anything to fit. If you make a mistake with any bender, you pretty much sacrifice that peice of steel, so your material cost goes up for every mistake. As a general rule, when I make a "new" kit, it takes three trials......the third or fourth will be the usable peice. The upside is, that if I take notes, and store the rotation, distance and bend angles, and measure the bouce back, then I can copy it over and over and over again from there on out. Then weld it up, then take it to the coater, then its done.

Same flanges on everything.....same waistgate, same bov, same turbo. I build them all the time, and they are all different. Zombie ss's sx80 turbo is a t4 flange, but it wouldnt fit on an sts t4 flange kit....nor would his previous its76, etc etc. I changed mine when I went from a turbonetics 72 to a limit 67, both t4 flanges. Then the exhuasts are all different, teh air intakes, the room for the waistgate etc etc etc...

If you have the parts, you need someone to fab it on the spot to get a decent fit. If you hang the turbo back there and its 3 inches off the bottom of the car......well you get what you pay for. Done on teh car, it would just be better.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1320
Its not that easy and not that cheap. Steel prices are high. Just the bare the steel is a few hundered. Coating......a family member of mine does coating and I get a good deal, and it isnt cheap.

Mandrel bends.....I have my own mandrel bender, the only one in town that I know of, and they are not cheap either. Let alone, you wwould have to have all the exact peices to get anything to fit. If you make a mistake with any bender, you pretty much sacrifice that peice of steel, so your material cost goes up for every mistake. As a general rule, when I make a "new" kit, it takes three trials......the third or fourth will be the usable peice. The upside is, that if I take notes, and store the rotation, distance and bend angles, and measure the bouce back, then I can copy it over and over and over again from there on out. Then weld it up, then take it to the coater, then its done.

Same flanges on everything.....same waistgate, same bov, same turbo. I build them all the time, and they are all different. Zombie ss's sx80 turbo is a t4 flange, but it wouldnt fit on an sts t4 flange kit....nor would his previous its76, etc etc. I changed mine when I went from a turbonetics 72 to a limit 67, both t4 flanges. Then the exhuasts are all different, teh air intakes, the room for the waistgate etc etc etc...

If you have the parts, you need someone to fab it on the spot to get a decent fit. If you hang the turbo back there and its 3 inches off the bottom of the car......well you get what you pay for. Done on teh car, it would just be better.
Fabbing the pipes wont cost me much, friends with the local exhaust dude so he hooks me up real good. Just want to save time.

Quick Reply: Does STS sell just the hot/cold pipes for there rear mount Fbody kits?