Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

aps twin turbo questions....

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default aps twin turbo questions....

hows it going guys? i think i wanna twin turbo the ss and i know aps has a great kit. im gonna get some 6.0 heads to boost it with. i will also get a custom turbo cam. should my stock ls6 intake work ok as long as i get the 60 lb injectors? or should i upgrade the intake? all i want to run is the base kit for now. how big a fuel pump? also do you think the stock 10 bolt will be ok long as i dont push the boost too high? i have a t/a girdle on it. i plan on suspension modding first. thanks for the answers you guys kick ***!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:27 PM
9 Second Club

have you done search on this because these things get talk about alot on here
Old 04-08-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"hows it going guys? i think i wanna twin turbo the ss and i know aps has a great kit. im gonna get some 6.0 heads to boost it with. i will also get a custom turbo cam. should my stock ls6 intake work ok as long as i get the 60 lb injectors?"

LS6 INTAKE IS FINE. I HAD MY FAST PREKIT SO DECIDED TO USE IT.
60 POUND INJECTORS ARE FINE FOR STARTING OFF. 80 HIGH IMPEDENCE WILL GIVE YOU ROOM TO GROW IF YOU HAVEN'T BOUGHT INJECTORS YET.
" or should i upgrade the intake?

all i want to run is the base kit for now. how big a fuel pump? "SINGLE RACETRONIX SHOULD BE OK FOR 500 OR A BIT MORE RWHP.I WOULD CONSIDER A INTANK TWIN PUMP AGAIN IF YOU WANT ROOM TO GROW.YOU DON'T NEED TO GET THE LINES AND ALL THAT RIGHT AWAY STOCK LINES ,RAILS WILL WORK FOR NOW. ONCE YOU GO PAST THAT 550 OR 600RWHP THEN GOOD IDEA TO DO LINES, RAILS ,BOOST REFERENCED REG.MY LONNIES SETUP HAS 8 AN FEED LINE AND 6 RETURN BIGGER RAILS AND NEW REG AND FILTER.

"also do you think the stock 10 bolt will be ok long as i dont push the boost too high?"

TOO THINGS KILL THE REARENDS PRETTY FAST, TRACTION AND WHEEL HOP.
YOU WON'T BE HOOKING UP ANYTHING MUCH UNLESS YOU RUN LIKE ET STREET RADIALS . MY SETUP LAUGHS AT MY NITTOS ESPECIALLY IN COLDER WEATHER AND IF YOU DON'T HEAT THE NITTOS UP PRETTY GOOD. SOME BETTER LOWER CONTROL ARMS SHOULD HELP KEEP WHEEL HOP AWAY.

" i have a t/a girdle on it. i plan on suspension modding first. thanks for the answers you guys kick ***!!!"
Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Launching!

thanks my 99 good info preciate it sir.

Quick Reply: aps twin turbo questions....