Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oil restrictor for BB turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil restrictor for BB turbo?

I have a .0625 oil restrictor that I was using on my last turbo for the my STS kit. Will that be ok to run on a TC76 BB? I'm new to the BB turbos but this one seemed to work good on my MP70.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2ktransam
I have a .0625 oil restrictor that I was using on my last turbo for the my STS kit. Will that be ok to run on a TC76 BB? I'm new to the BB turbos but this one seemed to work good on my MP70.
You shouldn't need any flow restrictors Kris. The turbo will come with a restrictor/filter in the oil inlet so it flows the oil T-neitics wants it to and running a restrictor will likely void the warranty.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kbracing96
You shouldn't need any flow restrictors Kris. The turbo will come with a restrictor/filter in the oil inlet so it flows the oil T-neitics wants it to and running a restrictor will likely void the warranty.
Crap, I didn't want to hear that. I took the fitting out that came in it because it was a different size than the STS check valve. I guess I'll be shopping for an adapter for that fitting tomorrow. Good thing I asked and it's only been on for a day. Thanks Kyle.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

You might want to peek into the oil inlet, on my ball bearing turbo it was built into the center section, it was below the threads of the oil inlet.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mike13
You might want to peek into the oil inlet, on my ball bearing turbo it was built into the center section, it was below the threads of the oil inlet.
It's deffinitely in the oil fitting. I took the fitting apart and I can see the little filter inside. The guy I got the turbo from must have had a different style oil feed line.

Quick Reply: Oil restrictor for BB turbo?