Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

acceleration issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default acceleration issue

Posted this in the tuning system since there is a code, but I THINK it could be FI related so I'll try here too.

I recently installed a P1SC1 supercharger on my H/C car. I have a FAST intake with LS2 TB (may be relevant)
I took the car to get tuned/dyno'd a couple weeks ago, and after a couple of simi-aborted runs , we found I did not have enough fuel pressure (pressure dropping to mid 40s) to continue the tune.
Although we didn't get a chance to tune the car, there was no question it was pulling hard on the dyno until we would shut down each time. (no running problems)
On the way home, I eased hard into the throttle and it "spit/popped" and went into reduced power mode. cleared the code and came on home.
After removeing the fuel pump (and damaging the sending unit which I had to replace) I buttoned everything back up, and went for a test run.
EVERY TIME I roll hard into the throttle to go WOT (probably at the point it is just about to go into boost) it sound like it "pops" back (not loud) through intake and it goes into reduced power.
It gives me a PCM - P1514 (throttle body performance) and TCS - C1278. I clear the codes and it runs, but not sure what it means. It ran strong on the dyno with three WOT runs, so what is going on?
Thanks