Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New STS F-body Turbo System!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New STS F-body Turbo System!!!

Here are a few pictures of the new and improved f-body turbo system from STS. Go to the website at www.ststurbo.com for options and pricing.

This is the new air intake that tucks the filter up next to the fuel filler neck.

Just lightly trim the factory plastic and the filter is completly out of all the elements.

Here is the new exhaust assembly which now has 2 tips to retain the dual exaust look.

This new assembly has a hanger for each tip and all of the intake pipes have their own mounts for a much more solid and long lasting system.

Here is the new front mount intercooler kit which is a direct bolt on. No need to remove or cut up the front bumper.

Feel free to ask any questions or request any pictures of specific parts of the system.

Last edited by Turbo 6.0; 04-24-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Do you have any pictures of the system for the convertible?
Old 04-21-2009, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are the new pieces available as a retrofit? I have an old system (used) I have yet to install and would be interested in the new intake pipe and exhaust pipes in particular. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also looks like you have turned the pipe that runs down the side into more of a SFC as well.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fast01
Are the new pieces available as a retrofit? I have an old system (used) I have yet to install and would be interested in the new intake pipe and exhaust pipes in particular. Thanks!
Our only retro-fit kit that we have is the intercooler but I'm we could send you all the parts needed to use the new style exhaust and air intake pipe with the intake pipes you currently have.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

i too have a older F-body kit, it would be great if i could get the new intake and dump pipe for the waste gate...
Old 04-21-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

NICE!!! I have heard about the changes from several people!! I like it.

I still wish they would use a "tube/hose" to go under the axle....I'm doing it on mine and its awesome. It even looks like the routed that pipe better and gained some ground clearance. However, it looks like they straightened out a LOT of pipes and ran everything a LOT better than it was.

I gotta give credit where its due.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the looks of the new kit, and an intercooler was much needed! I agree about the under the axle pipes. But I wonder how much air is up in that finder and if that becomes a restriction when up in the boost.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice.

Turbo 6.0 you have PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by F-BodyGuy98
i too have a older F-body kit, it would be great if i could get the new intake and dump pipe for the waste gate...
To use the new wastegate dump pipe you will need the new exhaust that pipe as well since the wastegate flange has been clocked to work with the new dump pipe. The tail pipe is also completly new and it allow the turbo to sit right up against the heat shield.

Here are a few pics of the hangers on the both the tail pipe and the wastgate dump pipe. They simply bolt onto factory studs and add a lot more stability to the entire exhaust system.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
NICE!!! I have heard about the changes from several people!! I like it.

I still wish they would use a "tube/hose" to go under the axle....I'm doing it on mine and its awesome. It even looks like the routed that pipe better and gained some ground clearance. However, it looks like they straightened out a LOT of pipes and ran everything a LOT better than it was.

I gotta give credit where its due.
Thanks for the compliment it's good to hear hard work being appreciated.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Super Slow SS
I like the looks of the new kit, and an intercooler was much needed! I agree about the under the axle pipes. But I wonder how much air is up in that finder and if that becomes a restriction when up in the boost.
That is a good point. We found that when making more than 8psi the snorkle pipe does cause a bit a a restriction but it is perfect for dailey drivers. We also offer a 4" "high flow" pipe that is simular to the old system but is made of 4" pipe and has a much stronger mounting bracket. It is also a fairly easy pipe to change so you can use the 4" pipe at the track then reinstall the snorkle pipe to drive home.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:54 AM
TECH Regular

Here are a few more pics of new intake pipes.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default My $0.02

Super Slow SS wrote:
...I wonder how much air is up in that fender and if that becomes a restriction when up in the boost.

Then Turbo 6.0 wrote:
That is a good point.

We found that when making more than 8psi the snorkle pipe does cause a bit a a restriction but it is perfect for dailey drivers. We also offer a 4" "high flow" pipe that is simular to the old system but is made of 4" pipe and has a much stronger mounting bracket. It is also a fairly easy pipe to change so you can use the 4" pipe at the track then reinstall the snorkle pipe to drive home.

My $0.02 -

I know the idea of the air filter location is to completely remove it from rain, ice, dirt, and snow - so the placement is correct. To resolve the low pressure issue, simple place a few (i.e. - 3 or 4) 1/2 dia holes in the plastic shield to allow air in. It will slightly compromise the protection of the shield, but this will resolve the air starvation issue completely.

MIKE
Old 04-23-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like you can't have sub-frame connectors on this system. That could pose a problem
Old 04-23-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Haans249
Looks like you can't have sub-frame connectors on this system. That could pose a problem
You could have one....

or do some fab work to get another one under there. I like that idea of the intake pipe almost acting as a sub-frame connector, you could disguise it with a little black paint.

like the new improvements.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by great421
Super Slow SS wrote:
...I wonder how much air is up in that fender and if that becomes a restriction when up in the boost.

Then Turbo 6.0 wrote:
That is a good point.

We found that when making more than 8psi the snorkle pipe does cause a bit a a restriction but it is perfect for dailey drivers. We also offer a 4" "high flow" pipe that is simular to the old system but is made of 4" pipe and has a much stronger mounting bracket. It is also a fairly easy pipe to change so you can use the 4" pipe at the track then reinstall the snorkle pipe to drive home.

My $0.02 -

I know the idea of the air filter location is to completely remove it from rain, ice, dirt, and snow - so the placement is correct. To resolve the low pressure issue, simple place a few (i.e. - 3 or 4) 1/2 dia holes in the plastic shield to allow air in. It will slightly compromise the protection of the shield, but this will resolve the air starvation issue completely.

MIKE

Agreed. I did this with my intake setup on my 95 and it helped. Noticed a little better throttle response and gas mileage on the freeway.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice setup, have fun cleaning the filter

Time to put a trap door in the wheel well to pop it open whenever you need to clean it.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dont mean to hijack the thread but a good point was brought up can you run subframes on a rear mount car and if so anyone have pics of their fab work to make it work.. thanks
Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by witry
dont mean to hijack the thread but a good point was brought up can you run subframes on a rear mount car and if so anyone have pics of their fab work to make it work.. thanks
You can run subframes... I have BMR's on mine. It also looks like the new STS kit has re-enforced the cold pipe to act as a subframe... with the Diamond re-enforcements..

Here is a bad pic under mine... but you can see the red BMR subframe rail on each side...

Quick Reply: New STS F-body Turbo System!!!