Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

tt question??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tt question??

There is a guy on here selling a tt turbo and sounds really convincing, he wants 4k, keeps a/c and says u dont have to move alternator, sounds like everything I want but a little scared of going for it because I dont know much about turbos, I been saving for the d1 procharger and I'm getting pretty close then I saw this tt for sale and its tempting but I needed to get some opinions just to see what you guys had to say maybe someone has them and can help me out.....also I dont if once I get the system I would spent more money trying to get the right set up....

I currently run 226/230 cam @112lsa stage2 ported ls6 heads milled to 59cc, hooker long tubes, 150 shot nx, 12 bolt 4:10's....I know my heads are going to raise compression with FAI, so this is where Im at. Let me know what you guys think or do if you were me, just trying to get best bang for the buck
Old 04-29-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

description of turbo kit u are contemplating?trucvk manifolds?headers?size of turbos?dont forget about the fuel system that u will need.need more info on system
Old 04-29-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well if you go turbo have to dump the headers and should get some 317 heads to drop compression. Assume that kit is the gen tt kit? or is it aps kit. If aps lots of threads on that. I have the aps kit on my car pretty happy overall.

Procharger looks to be nice option as well. But you aren't getting a procharger don't think for 4000 unless its used. Procharger is simpler install than twin turbo setup but once its installed its installed so really don't see a big deal in that area.
Turbos will need usually oil and water lines, sometimes scavenger pump as well. Procharger are self contained well at least the newer ps1sc and d1 are.
Both can work great both are fun . I think am going to get a procharger likely just a p1sc for my 96z. Already have a few turbo toys.
If that kit is the gen tt one there are not many on here that have it. Mostly people on here got the aps kits. They have some problems and issues but as said for the most part pretty pleased with the kit. The new STS rear mount kit might be another option and there are usually a few sts used kits floating around but the new kit has several looks like very good improvements.
I have been in two sts cars and it works well. One lt1 and an ls1 both basically stock.
You can of course keep your headers with the procharger and your 4.10 gears will work ok with the procharger bit better than with turbos. Run some alc injection and you could get buy with higher compression for now also. your cam is likely ok most any cam works might blow out some boost with that lsa though. Most times see turbo and super cams up at 115 or even a bit higher but even 114 is still fairly common.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

I see, ok thanks guys it looks like I'm going to stick with the original plan and go with a procharger and yes it is the TT kit with T61 turbos
He did say the only thing needed is a fuel system, I do like the way turbos sound though