Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo pricing

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo pricing

what is the price of a good name brand single turbo, or the best turbo for the money? is it worth buyin a rear mount rather than a traditional style? and Y
Old 05-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Teching In

the first 2 stickies in this section cover a lot of general info that will help answer your questions. once you get a little more specific there's a lot of guys in here that can help you iron out a setup.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by reece0511
what is the price of a good name brand single turbo, or the best turbo for the money? is it worth buyin a rear mount rather than a traditional style? and Y
If you are asking about the turbo unit itself, ie: not the turbo kit, Borg Warner makes some really nice units that are priced very well for what they are. Forced Inductions has the S400 75mm unit for about $600 which is good for 900hp and the S400 80mm unit is about $800 and is good for 1050hp. IMHO, you cant go wrong with Borg Warner for the money.

For your second question, front mount turbo kits are more efficient than rear mount set-ups. However, the simplicity of the installation of the rearmount kits makes them more attractive to customers. Front mount kits usually require you to do things like relocate the battery or change accesory drive or remove your A/C unit. My advice, if it is a dedicated race car and you can live without some comforts, go front mount kit. If you want A/C and want to touch as little under the hood as possible, rear mount kit is your friend. I have a rearmount kit on my '98 T/A and I love it.

PS: turbo sizing is very different for a front mount kit vs a rear mount kit, do research before you set your heart on a turbo