Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need help with Vaccum lines... Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need help with Vaccum lines... Please

Ok, Im workinng on a 2002 Turbo WS6. And Im wondering where I should tap off the intake for the following vaccum needs.

-Blow Off Vave vaccum signal
-Boost Gauge
-Waste Gate
-2 Bar MAP Sensor

Currently I have a "T" in the brake boost vaccum line and all of the above are coming from that "T". Is this ok.? I know the BOV wants its own vaccum sourse. And Im seeing about 5 other things on the passenger side of the motor thats hooked into this vaccum T off the brake vaccum line.

Can anyone help me with this..

Last edited by charlie c5; 05-07-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vac

I'de keep the map sensor where its at beings theres a tab that holds it in .The rest,,, i ran mine from the left side port of the TB(INTAKE) and ran the vac line over to the drivers side where i mounted my custom made vacum manifold and bit off of that for all of my FI needs
http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...view=slideshow
Old 05-07-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought this vacuum manifold off ebay not sure if supposed to show it on here. I don't have link for it anymore posted about it in another thread.
It was really nice blillet piece not that expensive and has big port at one end going in and has six outlets. All metal no plastic.

I read that about blowoffs and things not sharing vacuum but can't see what the heck that means ?.There are only a couple places to come out with vacuum at back of intake and the brake booster ,thats about it.
I have fast intake so ran a big line to this vacuum manifold and then ran lines off it to blow offs, 3 bar map ,fuel reg, hobbs switch for my fuel pump. and still running line or lines for my eboost2 have to seee how that hooks up. Oh and have factory line off back of the intake.
Anyway no way I can see how some things can't share vacuum .All vacuum is shared anyway from the engine.Seems like an urban legend.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know for fact my BOV didn't work when it was T'd off from a line going from my wastegate to the back of my intake manifold... This line itself was T'd off for other things as well, boost controller, meth injection boost reference, boost gauge, etc. Sharing too many things yet EVERY thing else worked perfectly???

Then, I T'd off my line that goes from the front of the intake manifold (PCV) to my catch can, so it would be the only thing it would share... Worked immediately...

Strange, but even registering good reading with a gauge, the line wouldn't pull the BOV when it shared too many things, even though everything else worked... Since I fixed the problem, I stopped investigating... But I'd love for somebody to explain that.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My boost gauge and 3 bar MAP are off the back of the intake, BOV on the side port behind the throttle body on the intake.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:45 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Charlie I use the port behind the TB ( Normaly the PVC port) for the wastegate or BOV and then one off of the brake booster line the boost gauge is insignificant so I would leave it on the brake booster line and the 2 bar map sensor in stock location. For a three bar map sensor I tap the stock location and install a 1/4" barbed fiting. Call me if you need more guidence.

Quick Reply: Need help with Vaccum lines... Please