Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New car twin turbo size & brand ?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New car twin turbo size & brand ?????

We are going to build a twin turbo street car. But it will be our first turbo setup. Up till now, all we ran was NOS. We will have a LSX block, good rods, pistons & a strong crank. LS7 heads & will keep the CI at 427. Also this car is to be street driven alot. We would like to run pump gas. Make around 1000HP. Can this be done? So my questions are.
1- What brand of turbos
2-What size
3-Who would be the best person to get a good tune from
4-Do we need to run alcohol injection, to do this
5-And can this be done on 93 pump gas

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-02-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bada
We are going to build a twin turbo street car. But it will be our first turbo setup. Up till now, all we ran was NOS. We will have a LSX block, good rods, pistons & a strong crank. LS7 heads & will keep the CI at 427. Also this car is to be street driven alot. We would like to run pump gas. Make around 1000HP. Can this be done? So my questions are.
1- What brand of turbos
2-What size
3-Who would be the best person to get a good tune from
4-Do we need to run alcohol injection, to do this
5-And can this be done on 93 pump gas

Any help would be greatly appreciated
not speaking from experience but I think a big A/R garret gt35r would be really fun on the street with good spool time. What is your budget is the key word here. As everyone knows Fi especially a twin turbo car gets pricey quick bc you have to buy 2 of everything lol. 1000 on 93 with meth injection could be done at around 20 psi or so. You shouldnt have to worry about lifting a head at that pressure on an lsx block. As for a tune, there are a bunch of big shops that are very familiar with twin turbo cars that could tune it. It all depends how far you want to travel.