Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What Gauge Would You Go With?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What Gauge Would You Go With?

So I have been pondering what gauges I put in my car with the turbo build... and obviously there will be a boost gauge, but when it comes to AFR or Fuel PSI gauge...what one would you go with? I dont feel like I need both because they are somewhat relative...

My thinking is this...either or will be sufficient...

If I only have a Fuel PSI gauge...I would be OK because as long as I maintain fuel psi my AFR should remain consistent....

If I only have an AFR thats fine because if I lose fuel it will obviously show up on the AFR Gauge.....

I am leaning toward the AFR gauge and not worry about the Fuel PSI... what do you guys think?.... Thanks...
Old 06-16-2009, 12:38 AM
12 Second Club

Get both, my A/F is fine at the boost level I am at now even though my fuel pressure is dropping 10lbs.

Plus a fuel pressure gauge is cheap.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sluggish
Get both, my A/F is fine at the boost level I am at now even though my fuel pressure is dropping 10lbs.

Plus a fuel pressure gauge is cheap.
+1

That's what I'm doing.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The price depends on what you get. My AutoMeter Ultralites are not cheap by a long shot.
A fuel pressure gauge is a must. You need either an AFR gauge or a Pyrometer. Either will tell you if you are running lean or rich.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out aeroforce interceptor. You can add a wideband sensor to them and you can add a fuel pressure sensor, egt, etc. And they can give you in car scanning no laptop needed for all sorts of important stuff like knock retard , pulsewidths.
I think knock retard is critical and afr is good to have especially for tuning. While dropping afr can point to fuel pressure problem its still nice to have fuel pressure directly to look at.Can't have too much info with an FI car.

I use three interceptors and added on wideband, fuel pressure and nitrous pressure. I can add three more sensors if want they would likely be egt, then maybe trans temp and mabye oil temp.

Each interceptor can handle two additional sensors.So three gauges can take the place of like 9 gauges plus you get all the logging and scanning of laptop and you can even run 1/4 mile times with them!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh if you are running maf you can also get hp readouts and mpg too and very useful misfire detection if you are running maf not speed density.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get both. I've got a AEM Uego and autometer electronic fuel psi gauge for less than 250 bucks.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

I guess Ill try to get both then...

Quick Reply: What Gauge Would You Go With?