Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help with turbo oil connections?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with turbo oil connections?

OK I'm new to this whole FI thing. I bought a turbo kit from someone and got to installing it. The turbo has the port on the top and a port on the bottom for oil. The port on the top has two screw holes, and the oil hole in the middle, which is also threaded. The kit came with two pieces that connected to the top oil inlet with an o-ring. I also got 2 banjo bolts and washers that will just screw directly into the oil inlet. Now on the bottom, the screw holes are farther apart and the oil port itself is bigger, square and has no threads obviously. I got two gaskets to go here, but no connectors. Is the kit just missing some parts or do I not know how to connect them? Any help is appreciated. It's the Gen-TT kit if you're wondering. I hope once this is all installed, I can make my big contribution to the site and post up how the install went and pros/cons of this kit. TIA.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

idk if ur missing anything.. square sounds wierd..never heard of it.. but the only thing you need is some hose or something just to get it to ur oil pan again, above the oil line.. id just rig something up.. also depends if its a real mount or frount mount. rear ur going to need a pump.. to get the oil back to the pan.. if its front mount gravity will do its job.. idk if i help you at all..
Old 06-28-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. The turbos are front mount but it also has a pump. I'm about to go take pictures of this stuff so I can give everyone a better idea of what I'm talking about. I don't know why they can't just use the same size flange on both ends!
Old 06-28-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Usually you just have a feed line that threads into the top and the bottom you use a flange that has two bolts on it with a gasket in between. Then the drain hose connects to the bottom flange.

Here is a link to a parts kit for oil feed and return for a T3 or T4 turbo. Just an example of what you are probably going to need. If you have a pump you would hook up the hose from the turbochargers to the pump and then plumb the outlet of the pump back to the pan.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=350110408055
Old 06-28-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I think that's going to be what I need. Here are a few pics.

The first one is the top with the banjo bolt in it.

Second is with the flange on it.

Third is of the bottom which I have gaskets for just no flange to fit.

Last is of the parts I had.

I will probably order one of those kits tomorrow. This is really becoming a pain! And on top of all that I'm afraid I'm going to lose my fog lights to the intercooler. Maybe I can make me a bracket or something to make it work.
Attached Thumbnails Help with turbo oil connections?-top.jpg   Help with turbo oil connections?-top2.jpg   Help with turbo oil connections?-bottom.jpg   Help with turbo oil connections?-stuff.jpg  
Old 06-30-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default these?

I have these brand new that i was going to use but never did if intrested?
http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...view=slideshow

Quick Reply: Help with turbo oil connections?