Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Bottom support for vertical mount rad setup?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bottom support for vertical mount rad setup?

Im thinkin about doing the vertical rad setup to clean up my turbo setup and engine bay a bit. What are you guys doing for a bottom mount? I see this asked a lot on here but not many responses... Pictures and advice would be great!
Thanks all
Old 07-02-2009, 10:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002RamAir
Im thinkin about doing the vertical rad setup to clean up my turbo setup and engine bay a bit. What are you guys doing for a bottom mount? I see this asked a lot on here but not many responses... Pictures and advice would be great!
Thanks all
I built some brackets and stitch welded them in tho the bottom of my radiator support, pics are somewhere in my build thread in my sig.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:31 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cut the bottom area completely out, as they had a slope to them for the stock radiator.

Then, I welded in reinforcement plates to the bottom of the frame. Then went and bought some round CM tubing, bent it up in a U shape and welded it to my reinforcement plates. This allowed me to decide exactly how high/low to mount my radiator as well. From there, it's just a matter of making some simple brackets to hold the bottom of the radiator in place.

Quick Reply: Bottom support for vertical mount rad setup?