Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Paxton Novi-2000 rebuild ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paxton Novi-2000 rebuild ?

Hi, i was curious if anyone has torn down a paxton novi-2000. I had a bearing let go, and have the charger apart, but i can not figure out how to remove the impeller from the shaft. I have already removed the nut, however the impeller wont budge. I know the impeller has to come off so that the shaft can come out through the other side. Does anyone know how to get this thing off? Any help would be appreicated. Thanks
Old 08-30-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

it has to be pressed off..I rebuilt mine. It was a big pain in the ***. The parts alone were over $300.. Paxton only charges $450 to rebuild it last time I checked....The high speed precision bearings are high dollar. Around $250 for 2. The low speed bearings are cheap, $20 each..The seals are hard to get. I got mine from superchargerrebuilds.com

and finally what I think is the culprit...These 2 high speed bearings felt a little rough...

Old 08-31-2009, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Thanks chriswtx, i sent you a PM.

Well for future reference i wrote a step by step article with photos on this, up to the impeller removal.( the rest will come at the end of the week.) I have posted it above under its own title.

if anyone else has done this i would appreciate any other advice. Thanks again

Last edited by iclimbthings; 08-31-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Paxton Novi-2000 rebuild ?