Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Might be picking up an LQ9/4 this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might be picking up an LQ9/4 this weekend

So where do I start!! I'm uber geeked, I can't contain my self, so what if the project won't be done till i turn 23 (im 21 now) and the block is heavier than my LS1, the avarege person won't be able to eye ball it, unless the notice my nose sitting like an LT1!!!!

So once she's broken down and cleaned, should i...

1) Keep the heads and have them worked or jump on some LQ9's from Patriot
2) Keep my LS6 ITM/TB, or go F.A.S.T. 92/92
3) who's got the strongest 402 stroker kit/part list (4.000'' bore 4.000'' stroke) on the market? I want to be as bullet proof as possible..

and any other tips and trick would be help ful!!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Unless you know what your doing when it comes to building motors I would just buy a shortblock from a reputable builder before I would take the time installing a stroker kit. There are some good deals out there and more than likely will last longer. As far as heads and intake it all depends how much boost you plan on running. turbo or blower? what psi? street car?
Old 09-10-2009, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kikass_z28
Unless you know what your doing when it comes to building motors I would just buy a shortblock from a reputable builder before I would take the time installing a stroker kit. There are some good deals out there and more than likely will last longer. As far as heads and intake it all depends how much boost you plan on running. turbo or blower? what psi? street car?
I know a few good engine builders who are willing to help...It'll be a twin (or BIG single) that will be driven on the weekends/occassional track duty. If i can see a 900RWHP via M6 dyno pull, I'd be happy, but i think 650-700RWHP is my limit. I see so many 402/8's hit 1000k with such ease so I figure, why not. I dont intent to be done.....for @ least 2 years (school, work etc ) so ive got the time...
Old 09-10-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Go callies stroker crank and rods and some diamond or wiesco pistons, big single is easier but you can do twins. 900rwhp should be reached with a 402-408 motor with 15+psi.

You can get good heads but there are alot of turbo guys keeping stock heads and intake and pushing close to your goals, so spend the money elsewhere.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RS_SS69
Go callies stroker crank and rods and some diamond or wiesco pistons, big single is easier but you can do twins. 900rwhp should be reached with a 402-408 motor with 15+psi.

You can get good heads but there are alot of turbo guys keeping stock heads and intake and pushing close to your goals, so spend the money elsewhere.
Any suggested head work? I know these bad boys can flow!

Quick Reply: Might be picking up an LQ9/4 this weekend