Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what MPH should i gain going to XR-1 mufflers

Old 09-23-2009, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what MPH should i gain going to XR-1 mufflers

im thinking about getting rid of the 4 mufflex with the spintech dual outlet for dual borla XR1 dumps. can any one give me their input on performance, weight and noise.. this is a street car that is loud already but will it be WAY to loud with a strait through.
sorry it is not a LS but its still got a d1sc , see sig
THANKS!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mehoffz24
im thinking about getting rid of the 4 mufflex with the spintech dual outlet for dual borla XR1 dumps. can any one give me their input on performance, weight and noise.. this is a street car that is loud already but will it be WAY to loud with a strait through.
sorry it is not a LS but its still got a d1sc , see sig
THANKS!
It will be much louder. The performance gains will depend on how much power you are putting to it. At about 500 rwhp you should pick up about a tenth. At 800 rwhp you might pick up 3 tenths.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i was thinking it was going to be real loud, it might be worth it with weight savings and being faster. it made 567 rwhp
Old 09-23-2009, 01:17 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been running my XR1 for years and it isn't that loud, but louder than the mufflex for sure. And as far as performance gain lol! You have to be kidding with the weight thing cause a good rule of thumb has been for every 100lbs you loose you should gain about 1 tenth, you won't be loosing more than 20lbs and the HP gains well who knows if you even needed the 4" so I don't think you are going to gain much at all except a better sounding vehicle IMO, but you can suprise me with your results for sure post them up when you get it done.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Been running my XR1 for years and it isn't that loud, but louder than the mufflex for sure. And as far as performance gain lol! You have to be kidding with the weight thing cause a good rule of thumb has been for every 100lbs you loose you should gain about 1 tenth, you won't be loosing more than 20lbs and the HP gains well who knows if you even needed the 4" so I don't think you are going to gain much at all except a better sounding vehicle IMO, but you can suprise me with your results for sure post them up when you get it done.
I have a friend that has the 4" mufflex with the flowmaster muffler. We put 1 cut out on either side before the y and pick up almost 2 tenths every time at the track on motor (about 500 rwhp). A true dual 3" with XR1's dumped before the axle should behave almost the same as open cutouts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what MPH should i gain going to XR-1 mufflers