Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnacharger Slop

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnacharger Slop

I just picked up a used Maggie 112 and have a concern about it. It's got some slop if you turn it back and forth, not sure if it's normal or not...I'm thinking not. A buddy of mine familiar with these came with me to check it out and he said it should NOT be like that. Says there should be a little more resistance to turning and it should be tight with no slop whatsoever. I still managed to get it for a price way too good to pass up and I'll get it fixed if need be.

Here's a video trying to show the issue:

The "knock" was done on purpose by switching from one direction to another to try and display the issue. It spins relatively freely in both directions, bearings feel good and tight, it just has slop.

First, is it normal and should I be worried about it?
Second, if it's not normal has anybody seen this issue before? What's wrong with it? Is it a simple fix? I'm very mechanically inclined, so can I just pick up a replacement piece and rebuild it? Do I need to send it to Maggie for rework? Should I just buy a new top unit and not worry about it?

Any info would be appreciated, I'm in the dark about it for now. Figured I'd try and get some info from you guys before I tear it apart.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's going to be some "slop" in there. At least there was in mine and I drove the hell out of it for a long time. You have to have some clearance in the gears. Call Magnuson tech support for a little confidence booster!

Quick Reply: Magnacharger Slop