Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Any VENDORS have a GREAT DEAL ON AN FI LS2/LS3/LS7?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Exclamation Any VENDORS have a GREAT DEAL ON AN FI LS2/LS3/LS7?

Well, the title says it all.

It appears the engine in my car has a few "issues" and I'm weighing the cost of just purchasing a new engine as opposed to tearing it down and having it all checked out.

The car is at my tuner with the FI kit on its way there and an engine that's now going to need work

If any tuner has a LS2/LS3, heck, even an LS7 thats forged and low compression in STOCK, please let me know. Strokers are fine as well.

Cash is low for a few reasons. KILLER DEALS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

The sh-t just never ends...
Old 10-05-2009, 09:57 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I saw a vendor just last night running a deal on boost ready 427's.. I can't remember the company, but it was in the guy's sig... I'll see if I can find it again for ya. I think it was pretty damn cheap, like 4500 for the short block boost ready 427!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Man, I saw a vendor just last night running a deal on boost ready 427's.. I can't remember the company, but it was in the guy's sig... I'll see if I can find it again for ya. I think it was pretty damn cheap, like 4500 for the short block boost ready 427!
Wow! Now that's my kind of deal!

Thanks for taking the time, it's GREATLY appreciated!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:13 PM

think this is it:

http://www.morrismotorsports.net/sho...formance_parts
Old 10-05-2009, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a lot of deals to be had. I for one would rather buy from a company that has been around the block for a while and has a good standing with the board here. This website is the best critic on perf. parts you could ever hope for. Anything and everything can happen. LME, HKE (whom I believe does all the builds for ccperformance, and there was another company but I won't remember until I hit the reply button lol), Billy Briggs and Kurt Urban are some outstanding builders with a wealth of knowledge. (I'd like to point out that the list is not in any particular order) These guys have forgotten more than most of us will ever learn. You get what you pay for. Do the build right the first round and take your time picking out the parts. I can definitely tell you it will pay of in the long run if you just take the time and do it right rather than settling for what you can afford at the time. I guarantee sooner or later you'll want to change everything up and wish you had done it the first time cause trying to sell parts on the for sale board is brutal. Everyone wants something for a smoking deal and certainly less than what you paid for it even if it is still brand new. Anyways a good deal can be had for 4500 but make sure you are really getting a GOOD RELIABLE deal. Just my .10 plus a little.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this requires a core per the page tack on another 1200 for that

QUOTE *****We need a core block for this shortblock. If you do not have a block, we can source a block for you for $1200. We need a LS2 LS3 or L92 block for this shortblock QUOTE
Old 10-05-2009, 10:37 PM

Maybe the OP has a core already tho? And if not, I'm sure you can find one for a lot cheaper than 1200!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Core bare? I bet you could find one a whole lot cheaper than $1200.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:14 AM
Launching!

Some great deals there! (except that core charge does hurt..)

If I dont rebuilt my longblock I'm probably going to sell it as is here. I'm sure I can get a core for less than $1200. That's the price of a NEW block!

Has anyone ran a ERL built shortblock before? I think I've heard that they're pretty reliable.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ForceFedC5
Some great deals there! (except that core charge does hurt..)

If I dont rebuilt my longblock I'm probably going to sell it as is here. I'm sure I can get a core for less than $1200. That's the price of a NEW block!

Has anyone ran a ERL built shortblock before? I think I've heard that they're pretty reliable.
http://blogs.gmhightechperformance.c...erl/index.html
Old 10-06-2009, 04:45 AM
TECH Regular

A great deal on a motor is more about a motor for a good price. I looked at a lot of built shortblocks and decided to spend a little extra and wait a while longer for the great Erik Koenig. After considering everything, I just don't think I could live with myself if I saved a few hundred bucks and lost a motor because a shop didn't do something right. Even if you're saving a little dough on labor and doing the R&R yourself, it's not something you want to do over and over again and shops never seem to take the blame when things go wrong.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
A great deal on a motor is more about a motor for a good price. I looked at a lot of built shortblocks and decided to spend a little extra and wait a while longer for the great Erik Koenig. After considering everything, I just don't think I could live with myself if I saved a few hundred bucks and lost a motor because a shop didn't do something right. Even if you're saving a little dough on labor and doing the R&R yourself, it's not something you want to do over and over again and shops never seem to take the blame when things go wrong.
No worries there! I'm not out to save every last dime..

I'm more or less hoping one of the reputable shops is either having a sale, perhaps has an engine that someone defaulted on, changed their mind, etc.

Did you go directly to Erik or through a reseller of his?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ForceFedC5
No worries there! I'm not out to save every last dime..

I'm more or less hoping one of the reputable shops is either having a sale, perhaps has an engine that someone defaulted on, changed their mind, etc.

Did you go directly to Erik or through a reseller of his?
I go directly to Erik. He is OCD about everything being right. I drive 500 miles round trip to see him and I live in the DFW area. Many machine shops around here. Just not one I can trust to treat my stuff the way I want it treated. One simple mistake is all it takes. Erik understands that. Erik is very fair. He's busy as you can imagine, but well worth the wait.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
I drive 500 miles round trip to see him

I'm the same way with Virginia Speed...~250 miles each way...but the trip is worth it
Old 10-06-2009, 08:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

there are 2 that i can remember. now i kno nothing about these 2 shops but have "heard" the are great builders with tons of experience(my .02) one is morrison second is schwanke i believe these are correct and both sponsors here

Quick Reply: Any VENDORS have a GREAT DEAL ON AN FI LS2/LS3/LS7?