Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Advice needed on new LS build

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advice needed on new LS build

Gentlemen, I've been assembling various parts for months for a 98 Z. Pulled the engine last week to do heads/intake/cam swap before adding the Procharger. Bought ARP rod bolts to upgrade the stock bottom end, then made a major change of route. Block is now at machine shop getting honed for new diamond pistons going on the end of a Callies Compstar stroker crank and rods. Here's what I've already got: Racetronix 255 pump and hotwire kit, P1SC-1 with SDCE 8 rib upgrade and twin intercoolers, massaged LS-6 heads with 2.05 valves-harland sharp pedestal rockers-320cfm at 550 lift, LS-6 intake, 60lb Siemens Deka injectors, cam supplied by SDCE-550 lift, 12 bolt Strange rear, etc, etc. With the forged bottom end and putting the compression ratio down where it needs to be, I'm looking to up the boost to hopefully 12-14 lbs, what needs to be done over and above what I have for a fuel system? Is anything staring out that I'm missing, please ask I may have it or better yet I may need it. Any forecast on a possible power output? Yea, got a Textralia Z grip for the 6'er also and 17x11 ZR-1's with MT 315's for the track. Dont post, just read alot, kinda confused about the BOV issues with more boost, all I got is the black Procharger valve that came with the intercoolers, probably not enough for this application? Throw it at me, I'm still learning on the Gen 3 engines and the boost. Thanks in advance!!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:25 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the P1SC-1 your max boost will probably be somewhere in the 12-13 psi range, depending on your combination, elevation, etc. The black bypass valve (Proflow) is good to go in this boost range.

I'd add a second pump to the tank, which should be sufficient for the horsepower you're going to make. I'd say (guess...) you're going to be in the 700 rwhp range. Bob
Old 10-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Teching In

thanks Bob
Would adding another identical Racetronix kit be the answer to the fueling problem, what about these Hobbs switches?
What's my trade in value towards a D1SC with a P1SC-1? What boost is attainable with the D1 on this setup?
Old 10-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Default Please chime in

C'mon guys, what about these fuel systems, and is it worth trading in the P series for the D series, price of trade in?
Old 10-13-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since you are going all forged bottom end, you will want a d1 in a matter of time so better upgrade now before you put miles on the p1, with d1 you have room to grow

Quick Reply: Advice needed on new LS build