Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

It's here....

Old 10-09-2009, 02:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default It's here....

http://gallery.me.com/rezakoranki#10...&bgcolor=black

Should have some new numbers tonight if I can bribe my tuner.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:09 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kinda small pics.. am i reading that right tho!? 3.1 pulley! don't you think 20psi and a 3.4 pulley is pushing that poor D1 enough!? If ya do make it to the track here in tulsa this weekend text me man. I'll drive my TA up there and watch
Old 10-09-2009, 03:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can neva haz enuff powa! Damn it.. Im about to dyno mine with the 3.4 pulley! lol.. Damn rain wont stop tho.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dam thats a small pulley, i wonder how much boost that will give you, 15?
Old 10-09-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Will this be maxing out the D1? What size pully are you running on the crank?
Did you ever figure out what pully was making noise or did you decide the blower was just spinning too slow
Old 10-10-2009, 12:44 AM
TECH Resident

Stop messing around and put an F1-C on that thing.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:06 AM
10 Second Club

Well here is the summary of the night:

Started tuning on the car, once the mid range stuff was tweaked, first WOT pull made 704RWHP/730RWTQ, not bad for being down 8* of timing, A/F was dead on. Started adding timing and ended up with 774RWHP/730RWTQ, and the belt started to slip up top, car made 19.48psi at 5800 and by 6500 it was at 16.4psi. This was all through the LT's, ORY, and Magnaflow catback, it made 1RWHP more than the car did on true duals, and 25 more RWTQ. We did make one open cutouts run, but the car didn't make more than 16psi, made 777RWHP, 72XRWTQ. The belt is a lil tired, I got it from Chevy Chad at the track and he had used it I believe, went through a night at the track, some pretty hard runs on the street, and the dyno session tonight, it is a little big for the 3.1" too, but a 38.4" belt didn't come close to fitting, so the 39.2" is staying.

Here are the main differences, and I'm not trying to make excuses, these actually make me happy. On my 808RWHP run, I had 18psi at 6500RPM compared to 16psi on todays 774RWHP, cutouts were open vs. them closed today, 26" MT DR's vs. 28" Toyo DR's, .5 richer on the A/F, and down 2* of timing today also. I told the tuner if it made the same power with the A/F richer and less timing I'd be happy. I'm sure if the belt wasn't letting go it would get me back up to 800+RWHP, I mean opening the cutouts only picked up 3 RWHP this time compared to over 30RWHP on the old pulley when I opened them.

I think it is safe to say, the D1-SC setup is maxed, the blower is over spinning at 3000 RPM's and I only picked up 1.4 PSI. From talking to ProCharger, the tensile strength of the impeller is what limits the blower RPM wise, not bearings, so basically the impeller will stretch and hit the inlet housing from being spun too fast. From what I understand I'm not pushing it past the tensile strength limits of the impeller, and don't intend to.

Over all I'm very happy with the setup and the results, I mean when healthy, 800RWHP in an A4 is pretty stout IMO. Once I get a fresh belt on it I'll see if he can strap it back on the dyno and we'll see where we are at.

Also, on a side note, I'm impressed with the Reichard Racing pulley, the slots it has REALLY helped with slip. This same belt was slipping with the 3.4", and didn't start slipping on the 3.1" pulley until about the 8-9th run. On a fresh belt and staying on top of tension, I think it will keep slip to a minimum.

Originally Posted by conan

Will this be maxing out the D1? What size pully are you running on the crank?
Did you ever figure out what pully was making noise or did you decide the blower was just spinning too slow
It ended up not being the blower at all. Took the belt off, started the car, no blower spinning and it did the same thing. I think it is one of the idlers but I didn't get a chance to look more in depth.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:55 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Awesome power, congratulations! Bob
Old 10-10-2009, 09:33 AM
12 Second Club

Nice follow-up Reza. Interesting results indeed.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

19.5 # of boost at 5,800 on a 396ci is bad *** man, Congrats. Now its time for one of these on your J bracket.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:55 PM

Nice results. I'm VERY suprised that the 39.2" belt isnt too big! I think you have definitely maxed out that poor D1 Time for either a F series blower or a spring tensioner bracket. SDCE or PM Aster, he may still be making them. And you are completely right! 800 rwhp thru an auto is a very stout setup! Job well done
Old 10-10-2009, 06:04 PM
TECH Veteran

very nice sir!! very nice!
Old 10-10-2009, 08:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 266 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Well here is the summary of the night:

Started tuning on the car, once the mid range stuff was tweaked, first WOT pull made 704RWHP/730RWTQ, not bad for being down 8* of timing, A/F was dead on. Started adding timing and ended up with 774RWHP/730RWTQ, and the belt started to slip up top, car made 19.48psi at 5800 and by 6500 it was at 16.4psi. This was all through the LT's, ORY, and Magnaflow catback, it made 1RWHP more than the car did on true duals, and 25 more RWTQ. We did make one open cutouts run, but the car didn't make more than 16psi, made 777RWHP, 72XRWTQ. The belt is a lil tired, I got it from Chevy Chad at the track and he had used it I believe, went through a night at the track, some pretty hard runs on the street, and the dyno session tonight, it is a little big for the 3.1" too, but a 38.4" belt didn't come close to fitting, so the 39.2" is staying.

Here are the main differences, and I'm not trying to make excuses, these actually make me happy. On my 808RWHP run, I had 18psi at 6500RPM compared to 16psi on todays 774RWHP, cutouts were open vs. them closed today, 26" MT DR's vs. 28" Toyo DR's, .5 richer on the A/F, and down 2* of timing today also. I told the tuner if it made the same power with the A/F richer and less timing I'd be happy. I'm sure if the belt wasn't letting go it would get me back up to 800+RWHP, I mean opening the cutouts only picked up 3 RWHP this time compared to over 30RWHP on the old pulley when I opened them.

I think it is safe to say, the D1-SC setup is maxed, the blower is over spinning at 3000 RPM's and I only picked up 1.4 PSI. From talking to ProCharger, the tensile strength of the impeller is what limits the blower RPM wise, not bearings, so basically the impeller will stretch and hit the inlet housing from being spun too fast. From what I understand I'm not pushing it past the tensile strength limits of the impeller, and don't intend to.

Over all I'm very happy with the setup and the results, I mean when healthy, 800RWHP in an A4 is pretty stout IMO. Once I get a fresh belt on it I'll see if he can strap it back on the dyno and we'll see where we are at.

Also, on a side note, I'm impressed with the Reichard Racing pulley, the slots it has REALLY helped with slip. This same belt was slipping with the 3.4", and didn't start slipping on the 3.1" pulley until about the 8-9th run. On a fresh belt and staying on top of tension, I think it will keep slip to a minimum.

It ended up not being the blower at all. Took the belt off, started the car, no blower spinning and it did the same thing. I think it is one of the idlers but I didn't get a chance to look more in depth.
Interesting data. I also think you are better off with less timing and running a little richer. Softening both up a little on mine didn't seem to affect my car much at all on the track.

I think you would benefit from the SDCE. I have been getting 0 belt slip with it so far, although I am on a 7.25/3.2 arrangement. Just wondering if this was the reason for your slow down at the big end on your 9.98 pass.

When I tested my cut out vs. the Flowmaster merge and 3.5" I pipe with Magnaflow catback it showed 0 gain at the track on back to back passes. I think that would be in line with your 3 RWHP difference on the dyno.

Your car is making good HP, Congrats! Did you get your converter squared away? or were these results with the same one you have been running?
Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

yeah so you car is ******* bad *** and i hate you for it! LOL nice numbers
Old 10-11-2009, 01:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Nice results. I'm VERY suprised that the 39.2" belt isnt too big! I think you have definitely maxed out that poor D1 Time for either a F series blower or a spring tensioner bracket. SDCE or PM Aster, he may still be making them. And you are completely right! 800 rwhp thru an auto is a very stout setup! Job well done

I agree getting with Aster. If you are looking at getting another bracket I would get a hold of him. I just put one of his brackets on my car and it is NICE! The belt wrap around the pulley is ridiculous.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
I agree getting with Aster. If you are looking at getting another bracket I would get a hold of him. I just put one of his brackets on my car and it is NICE! The belt wrap around the pulley is ridiculous.
Are you using the stock waterpump pulley by chance? Or did you get the LS3 vette pulley? Last I heard (which was a long time ago), the narrower pulley 'looked' like it was needed, but wasn't verified.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Are you using the stock waterpump pulley by chance? Or did you get the LS3 vette pulley? Last I heard (which was a long time ago), the narrower pulley 'looked' like it was needed, but wasn't verified.
I got the Vette pump.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

those sir, are very good numbers. need to see the bitch on a run now!!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:16 PM
10 Second Club

Chad, this belt if VERY close to being too big, I have about 1/2" left on the tensioner bolt before it is bottomed out on the locking nut.

Originally Posted by helicoil
Interesting data. I also think you are better off with less timing and running a little richer. Softening both up a little on mine didn't seem to affect my car much at all on the track.

I think you would benefit from the SDCE. I have been getting 0 belt slip with it so far, although I am on a 7.25/3.2 arrangement. Just wondering if this was the reason for your slow down at the big end on your 9.98 pass.

When I tested my cut out vs. the Flowmaster merge and 3.5" I pipe with Magnaflow catback it showed 0 gain at the track on back to back passes. I think that would be in line with your 3 RWHP difference on the dyno.

Your car is making good HP, Congrats! Did you get your converter squared away? or were these results with the same one you have been running?
90% sure the MPH at the track was due to converter, it looked like it was starting to blow through it (logs show it slips 2-300 RPM each time before climbing back up to shift, ie, it would reach 6000 RPM, drop to 5700, then climb back up and shift at 6500).

I really want to get it back on the dyno with the fresh belt and no slip (the car grenaded the idler for the ProCharger yesterday and I put a new one on today), seems much better.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Nice job man your kicking my 418 F1A's ***. I'm having trouble boosting it past 16lbs mostly due to belt slippage and alignment issues. With my TH400, 9" and high stall 4500 no lockup it's making just over 700 at the wheels.

You probably mentioned it somewhere but what heads are you running.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It's here....