Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

my build!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my build!!!

After a long time of waiting, I am going to pull the trigger on a FI setup for my car...I have been doing a lot of research and I'm still a little on the fence on a couple of things...
First off my HP goals are 700+ to the wheels...
I am either looking to buy a Forged longblock or short block from TSP...The longblock will be great, but since I already have my motor will it make more sense(saving money) to just purchase the shortblock and transfer everything else over to it(Just the covers, and other little misc things)?..
The only motor work I have done is swapping a cam and for that, I only helped...I am pretty mechanically inclined, but I'm still a little hesitant since its a learning process at the same time thats if I go with the shortblock route...
The second thing Is I am looking between two cams right now...The first one is EPP FI cam, and TSP's(I would only do this if I go the Longblock route) 233/239...Both cams are similiar in duration, overlap, and lift...The EPP cam has the more "ideal" 8 degree difference between the intake and exhaust durations though...
Third thing, I currently have 1 3/4 headers, now should I stay with these, or should i spend the cash and go with the 1 7/8...Will it be all that benifical?..I am just trying to save some money in areas where I can, and use this money for better things else where...

Thanks for your input in advance...

Kev
Old 10-11-2009, 09:02 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Originally Posted by Camaro01SS4life
After a long time of waiting, I am going to pull the trigger on a FI setup for my car...I have been doing a lot of research and I'm still a little on the fence on a couple of things...
First off my HP goals are 700+ to the wheels...
I am either looking to buy a Forged longblock or short block from TSP...The longblock will be great, but since I already have my motor will it make more sense(saving money) to just purchase the shortblock and transfer everything else over to it(Just the covers, and other little misc things)?..
The only motor work I have done is swapping a cam and for that, I only helped...I am pretty mechanically inclined, but I'm still a little hesitant since its a learning process at the same time thats if I go with the shortblock route...
The second thing Is I am looking between two cams right now...The first one is EPP FI cam, and TSP's(I would only do this if I go the Longblock route) 233/239...Both cams are similiar in duration, overlap, and lift...The EPP cam has the more "ideal" 8 degree difference between the intake and exhaust durations though...
Third thing, I currently have 1 3/4 headers, now should I stay with these, or should i spend the cash and go with the 1 7/8...Will it be all that benifical?..I am just trying to save some money in areas where I can, and use this money for better things else where...

Thanks for your input in advance...

Kev
Hi Kev, you can make 700 rwhp plus with the 1-3/4 headers that you already have. Check out this build where we used shorty headers and factory cats.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=54

What heads do you have, are the factory stock? Bob
Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Hi Kev, you can make 700 rwhp plus with the 1-3/4 headers that you already have. Check out this build where we used shorty headers and factory cats.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=54

What heads do you have, are the factory stock? Bob
Thanks for the heads up BOB...
I am going to be throwing on a set of AFR 225 with 72CC chambers, combining this with -11 dish pistons for a compression of around 8.7 to 1...

Kev

Quick Reply: my build!!!