Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FAST INTAKE to LS6 tune?s

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 01:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAST INTAKE to LS6 tune?s

OK i have the Fast 78mm intake manifold and an going back to the LS6 intake, and my question is once i swap these back over will i need a retune?
I have read that if i swap back to the LS6 the onlything that is gunna happen is that my car is gunna run a litte richer wich is fine with me because i plan on another dyno tune this comeing summer. The way i see it is that the fast let a little more air in compared to the ls6 so it would be tuned to run with more fuel since there is more air coming in and once i put the ls6 back on not as much air is getting in but it is still bringing in the same amount of fuel...........any one have any thoughts or could awnser my question?
Old 10-13-2009, 04:33 AM
Teching In

Up, i believe it will make no real difference as the MM is only slight, plus it being an FI set will make even less of an issue.

cheers
Old 10-13-2009, 07:59 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your FAST 78 probably isnt letting 'more' air in, its only letting the fixed amount of air being pumped out by your procharger flow a bit easier thru it. Your boost may go up a bit (boost = restriction), but your fuel probably wont be too far off at all. If anything, you may be running SLIGHTLY richer, but shouldnt be enough to cause any problems I wouldnt say.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

awsome guys thanks i didnt think that it would bother it enough to be able to even tell really. thanks for the input