Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What motor should I build for my procharged gto

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What motor should I build for my procharged gto

I have a 2004 black 6 speed gto that made 500rwhp all stock motor on meth with a D1SC procharger tuned by D G Dyno in Hennesey OK. Then some douche mechanic that installed my new rearend gears grenaded my motor and lied to me about it...and of course I can't prove it. Anyways, what would the best motor build for forced induction be?

I've got a 6.0 iron block LQ4 with 317 heads just sitting. I was kind of thinking going 408 all forged, getting some headwork done to the 317s and getting a good blower cam.

But since it's forced induction would building a motor with more displacement hurt or help me?

Should I just leave it stock with the exception of forged pistons and MAYBE rods
Old 10-25-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is an HKE forged 370 in the classifieds right now for $2g's. Has 1000 miles on it. Or you can call Erik at HKE and have him build you a new ironblock 370. Aluminum block would just cost a bit more.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:05 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

I'd hate to add more weight to the front of a GTO with an iron block, they're already nose heavy. I'd add better rods and pistons to your engine that you have for it. With the D-1SC you can then crank the boost up, which is what we did to this Corvette from the same year as your GTO. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=54 Bob
Old 10-26-2009, 06:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I went that route and the amount of money I've spent is rediculous buying all the parts myself and having the machine shop build it. The machine shop talked me into some pretty expensive parts that they even let me have for cost. Still expensive though. I should have just bought a built shortblock and been done with it. The ironblock is about 80lbs heavier? I'm also going for over 1000bhp with twin turbos, so I wanted the added safety of the iron block. I will make up for the weight with more boost, lol.

Quick Reply: What motor should I build for my procharged gto