Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

carbed 5.3 turbo??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default carbed 5.3 turbo??

Hey guys i am new with forced induction, ive been into the nitrous but thought id try FI out hopefully. I am going to be building a foxbody with a
5.3L cast block. I was going to do a carb setup on it, but how are carbed motors with turbo's? I didnt know if I would have issues, I heard turbo's were tuff on carbed motors, but wasnt for sure it that was true or not. I plan on doing 317 heads, zo6 cam, and 78mm turbo. hopefully you guys can help me out if im doing the wrong thing by going with carb setup.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

nobody.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by johnLs1camaro
Hey guys i am new with forced induction, ive been into the nitrous but thought id try FI out hopefully. I am going to be building a foxbody with a
5.3L cast block. I was going to do a carb setup on it, but how are carbed motors with turbo's? I didnt know if I would have issues, I heard turbo's were tuff on carbed motors, but wasnt for sure it that was true or not. I plan on doing 317 heads, zo6 cam, and 78mm turbo. hopefully you guys can help me out if im doing the wrong thing by going with carb setup.
mustang guys are breaking over 1000rw with turbos and carbs. so it works alright. blow thru, what its called is very popular with ford racers.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any particular reason you want to go carb instead of injected? Go check out theturboforums dot com. They have a whole section dedicated to running turbos with blow threw carbs.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

^ honestly not really, just thought itd be different. from what it looks like to, It might cost me a little more money to go that route, or just about the same. I think some of the reason are tuning also.

Quick Reply: carbed 5.3 turbo??