Magnacharger vs Procharger - LS1TECH



Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

View Poll Results: Magnacharger or Procharger?
Magnacharger 15 28.85%
Procharger 37 71.15%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Magnacharger vs Procharger

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
Teching In
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
THE_KOON's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Parksley,VA
Posts: 33
Default Magnacharger vs Procharger

Im trying to decide which i want to go with. Id like to know the pros and cons of both id appreciate it.
THE_KOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:49 PM   #2
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
MelScrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,139
Default

I like the procharger because it provides power according to rpm. There is more power in the upper rpm's where maggies start to run out of steam also.

Maggies make killer torque down low kinda like terminator mustangs but i like the way to PC works alot like a turbo and the torque curve looks alot more like a N/A power curve compared to alot of monster torque early and flattening out late.

On a street car a maggie would probably kill people from a stop light if you can get traction, but once the revs get up I bet a PC would walk away from it.
MelScrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:54 AM   #3
HWI
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (2)
 
HWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 584
Default

Prochargers have more potential on an f-body because you can only fit a 112 magnacharger.
HWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
Staging Lane
 
doom brincer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 76
Default

I love my maggie


[IMG][/IMG]





MTI clear lid ,Kook 1 7/8 LT header, Kook Y pipe Magnaflow cat back, BMR sub frame connector, trans cooler, 160 thermostat, DMH electric cut out, Comp Cam 230 234 115 lsa .60lb injectors, Magnacharger supercharged with water methanol injection, HP tuner. Tune by Matt at TTP Performance Little Fall NJ 530 RwHP-531 RWTQ.



2001 WS6 Transam convertible
doom brincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
EPP
FormerVendor
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 13,078
Default

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=798

The ProCharger D-1SC System in the above link is capable of powering your car into the low 9's in the 1/4 mile with a built engine and suspension. Bob
EPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #6
10 Second Club
iTrader: (196)
 
11SECSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hampton Va
Posts: 1,479
Default

I have to vote for the maggie since I"m in the process of installing one.I was going to do the PC but found a deal on a maggie so I"m going to try it out.
11SECSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:29 PM   #7
TECH Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Zeke34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Surprise, Az
Posts: 495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelScrilla View Post
I like the procharger because it provides power according to rpm. There is more power in the upper rpm's where maggies start to run out of steam also.

Maggies make killer torque down low kinda like terminator mustangs but i like the way to PC works alot like a turbo and the torque curve looks alot more like a N/A power curve compared to alot of monster torque early and flattening out late.

On a street car a maggie would probably kill people from a stop light if you can get traction, but once the revs get up I bet a PC would walk away from it.

+1... What it basically boils down to is what the purpose of your car will be i.e. street stalker, highway robbery, or 1320 *****.
Zeke34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
Teching In
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
THE_KOON's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Parksley,VA
Posts: 33
Default

[QUOTE=doom brincer;12440231]I love my maggie


[IMG][/IMG]

GOD that looks like butt sex^^^.
I love the whine of the maggies and i do love the instant insane torque. But i think im looking more into rolling street races. I might go to the track once in a while but i like set up street races better




/QUOTE]
THE_KOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
Launching!
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Napa, CA
Posts: 281
Default

Plain and simple no more replies needed after this......

MAGGIE for street light to streetlight and quietness

PRO for freeway raping and loud power steering squel sound...

both can do fine at the track
and the pro has more power potential higher in the rpm's
tha joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #10
Launching!
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Napa, CA
Posts: 281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom brincer View Post
I love my maggie


[IMG][/IMG]





MTI clear lid ,Kook 1 7/8 LT header, Kook Y pipe Magnaflow cat back, BMR sub frame connector, trans cooler, 160 thermostat, DMH electric cut out, Comp Cam 230 234 115 lsa .60lb injectors, Magnacharger supercharged with water methanol injection, HP tuner. Tune by Matt at TTP Performance Little Fall NJ 530 RwHP-531 RWTQ.



2001 WS6 Transam convertible
WTF why all the orange it makes it look ghetto..just my dumb opinion,if there is a purpose then sorry,but i would of got a different color
tha joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #11
Contrarian™
iTrader: (24)
 
'Trust''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Eternity
Posts: 7,985
Default

ProCharger for 2 reasons. 1. Getting anything than a MP112 under there is pretty custom. 2. Maggies are pretty inefficient up top, your IAT's get very high, and there is no way to really cool the charge unless you plumb the lower plenum with alky. They get VERY hot in the higher RPM's, so after 3 runs, you could be down up to 60-80HP.
'Trust' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #12
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE TEXAS
Posts: 1,172
Default

It depends on what your power goals are. If you're limited to an MP112 or MP122, about 550 to 600 at the wheels is about it. If you're good at those power levels, a maggie is tough to beat. 500 ft lbs at 2500 rpm makes for a spritely ride. It moves my 5000 lb truck around like a vette. Mid 12's in hot assed S Texas weather. The rumor that the maggies quit accelerating before 5000 rpm is a little misleading. They don't quit accelerating, they just aren't accelerating at an ever increasing rate like the centris.

If you can shoehorn a TVS2300 in there, you can have it all. Brutal low end and pulls hard on the big end if you're set up right.
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #13
Teching In
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
THE_KOON's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Parksley,VA
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
It depends on what your power goals are. If you're limited to an MP112 or MP122, about 550 to 600 at the wheels is about it. If you're good at those power levels, a maggie is tough to beat. 500 ft lbs at 2500 rpm makes for a spritely ride. It moves my 5000 lb truck around like a vette. Mid 12's in hot assed S Texas weather. The rumor that the maggies quit accelerating before 5000 rpm is a little misleading. They don't quit accelerating, they just aren't accelerating at an ever increasing rate like the centris.

If you can shoehorn a TVS2300 in there, you can have it all. Brutal low end and pulls hard on the big end if you're set up right.
i think im gonna go with a maggie cuz i love the kick in the *** right from get go and i think ill be satified with around 600 whp
One more question though will i have to rebuild my bottom end for it or if i keep the psi low should it be able to hold?
THE_KOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:34 PM   #14
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE TEXAS
Posts: 1,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_KOON View Post
i think im gonna go with a maggie cuz i love the kick in the *** right from get go and i think ill be satified with around 600 whp
One more question though will i have to rebuild my bottom end for it or if i keep the psi low should it be able to hold?
Make it breathe easy and you won't need mega boost to meet your goals. Good intake, LT headers, full 3" duals with GOOD flowing mufflers, and mild blower cam with high lift. An MP122 would be a better choice at your power levels if you can swing it. Not sure a 112 would get you where you're wanting to be. TVS would do it easily. The truck in my signature makes over 500 at the wheels on 8psi. That's through a 4L80 tranny, truck diff, and big fat tires. Same motor with a manual tranny and lighter drivetrain should be close to 550 at the wheels.

If your bottom end is healthy and the tune is spot on, you shouldn't have any problems. Upgraded rod bolts might be a good addition.
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #15
12 Second Truck Club
iTrader: (25)
 
supersub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,104
Default

Me maggie man!
idle to 6400 rpm!
supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #16
Launching!
 
G Engines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: greensboro, nc
Posts: 260
Default

The maggie is great if you want power to cruse around on the street but builds a lot of heat at the track. If your going to take it to the track a lot the Procharger is the way to go. Im a track man so I've got to co with the Procharger
G Engines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:15 AM   #17
Staging Lane
 
doom brincer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Trust' View Post
ProCharger for 2 reasons. 1. Getting anything than a MP112 under there is pretty custom. 2. Maggies are pretty inefficient up top, your IAT's get very high, and there is no way to really cool the charge unless you plumb the lower plenum with alky. They get VERY hot in the higher RPM's, so after 3 runs, you could be down up to 60-80HP.
just install water methanol injection that will help.
doom brincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:06 PM   #18
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
MelScrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_KOON View Post
i think im gonna go with a maggie cuz i love the kick in the *** right from get go and i think ill be satified with around 600 whp
One more question though will i have to rebuild my bottom end for it or if i keep the psi low should it be able to hold?
If you go maggie make sure you have a hell of a suspension to hook all the early torque. But alot of people say that they'll be happy at XXX hp but as soon as they get used to the power or get beat by a faster car they want more. That maggie will put you in the range of a pullied GT500 or maybe a KB terminator at best.

The D1SC like trust has can be as mild as 450 or 500 rwhp on a stock bottom end or up to around 800 rwhp on a built motor with no hood clearence issues, heat problems, or changing blowers. And if by some chance 800rwhp gets boring down the road you can always upgrade to a F1 series which will put you around the 1k rwhp mark.
MelScrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:37 PM   #19
12 Second Club
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 3,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelScrilla View Post
If you go maggie make sure you have a hell of a suspension to hook all the early torque. But alot of people say that they'll be happy at XXX hp but as soon as they get used to the power or get beat by a faster car they want more. That maggie will put you in the range of a pullied GT500 or maybe a KB terminator at best.

The D1SC like trust has can be as mild as 450 or 500 rwhp on a stock bottom end or up to around 800 rwhp on a built motor with no hood clearence issues, heat problems, or changing blowers. And if by some chance 800rwhp gets boring down the road you can always upgrade to a F1 series which will put you around the 1k rwhp mark.
I definitely agree with him!
LS1RedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:48 PM   #20
TECH Fanatic
 
Engine_HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Middle East.
Posts: 1,747
Default

maggies looks cleaner but Pro makes more power
Engine_HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: ID1300 or ID1700 injectors cwylie Parts Wanted 3 08-19-2016 12:33 PM
Id850 01 Vert ws6 Parts Wanted 3 01-09-2016 09:20 AM
ID1000 injectors &ID2000 05gmcsierra Parts Classifieds 15 03-05-2014 08:04 AM
patriot heads id number? chevy1120 Generation III Internal Engine 7 02-05-2012 09:14 PM


Tags
charger, fbody, gto, ls1, ls7, magna, magnacharger, manual, mp112, mti, procharger, rebuild, silverado, ss, stree, versus

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.